back to article eBay bans sale of Obama inauguration tickets

eBay has agreed to ban ticket sales for US President-elect Barack Obama's upcoming inauguration ceremony on its websites. The online auction house arrived at the decision at the insistence of representatives from the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (which, as you may suspect by their name, takes inaugural …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Drew Gainor

What is wrong with reselling Inauguration Tickets?

I am not really sure why there is so much controversy around the issue of reselling Inauguration tickets but please feel free to read my opinions at http://blog.neco.com/2008/11/12/the-debate-what-s-wrong-with-selling-inauguration-tickets and let me know what I am missing.

2. BoscoH
    Paris Hilton

Dear France, We Surrender. Love, America

Greetings from Amerikkka, where we wouldn't want anyone who isn't tightly politically connected from being able to get a ticket and attend an historic event. Hopefully, when 2013 rolls around, they won't be able to give the stupid tickets away.

Paris, because she should be the one being inaugurated this time.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

40K? Are you mad?

People want to pay $40k to see a ceremony that is also being attended by 240,000 other people? I thought we had economic problems, obviously not.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Nice little earner

They should sell the tickets

240,000 tickets at $40,000 each.

That'd give the another $9.6B to bail out the banks a bit more.

Paris, 'cos she'd probably buy one.

5. DirkGently
    Alert

1 X PHOTO OF PRESIDENT OBAMA

I'm offering an unsigned photo of our president elect. The winner of the auction will also receive two FREE tickets to the inauguration. Note: I'm not selling these tickets as this is currently frowned upon and may soon become illegal. So please note you are bidding for the photo and not for the tickets!

6. James Green
    Joke

Oh really?

"An eBay rep told us it would police the ticket sales by way of its general methods and "state of the art anti-fraud technology.""

Which means expect lots of those tickets to be sold on eBay.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

60 more days!

Ive been following the countdown clock

http://obamatothewhitehouse.com/

And I cant wait... (60 more days) I still hope I can get a ticket (for free).

This topic is closed for new posts.