back to article 3 launches Facebook phone

Network operator 3 has unveiled a handset that’ll make Facebook fans up and down the country jump for joy. INQ1_06 3's INQ1: exclusive The INQ1 is a slider designed with just one thing in mind: social networking. It features access to a whole series of communication apps, including Facebook, Windows Live Messenger and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Zuckerberg's status is....

..."marked for death". Can we get Steven Segal on line 1? Segal vs. Zuckerberg.... or "I'm just a cook" vs. "I'm just a c0ck".

Isn't it bad enough hearing the drivel of Facebook users without them having access to its unique brand of inane pizzle in their pockets?

2. Richard Black
    Go

The way forward for mobile contacts?

Does anyone else see the day when all mobile contacts lists are connected to whatever social network is around then? No more swapping numbers and giving people missed calls so they can add you to their phone, or sending vcard via bluetooth - just find them on the intarwebs and add them!

I, for one, welcome our....no, wait, wrong site....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Touch-Sensitive?

"But when we tried the phone out at its London launch this morning, we found the 2.2in, 320 x 240 screen difficult to read text on. It's not touch-sensitive, either."

Are you mad to even suggest touch-sensitive on a 2.2in phone?

4. KenBW2
    Thumb Down

Not too tempting

I just left 3 for Asda Mobile (because Asda is cheaper, not cos 3 is crap, which it isn't). This abomination isn't about to tempt me back. What happens when facebook bites the dust. Other than the earth continuing to rotate as normal, this phone will be rendered useless. Great

5. Ed

Re: The way forward for mobile contacts?

Seems likely to me. I guess the issue is the lack of 'openness' to these systems. Something that various people (e.g. Google) are trying to do something about (and profit from it). I'm unlikely to add my parents to Facebook to get them on my phone, for example. Equally, people I work with won't necessarily be on Facebook but might be on LinkedIn or similar. Phones that work with just Facebook are going to be strictly targeted at 15-21 year olds I think...

I can do Facebook on my iPhone, and that works pretty well. Not that I use it much, I imagine heavy users would like a well made app integrated well into a phone...

6. Bad Beaver

twinkle twinkle

"we found the 2.2in, 320 x 240 screen difficult to read text on."

Guess you've outgrown the target-demographic ;)

Me too though, as I shudder at the mere idea of nobody any longer actually having to get off their mental arse and THINK about spending minutes/money on actually CALLING or TEXTING me instead of just unleashing a stream of nerving pointless bother on all free channels available, not even to think of those folks who do not have my number — which tends to be for a reason.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Amoi

Never buy an Amoi...

8. Daniel B.
    Coat

Facebook? Meh.

Windows Live Messenger on a mobile, however, is a useful tool. However, my Blackberry already does both of these things; of course, I don't do Facebook, so that app isn't installed.

And unless the handset's coupled with a juicy unlimited data rate plan (like my BB), it isn't much use to have these apps, as I wouldn't like to pump up my mobile bill on pointless stuff like Facebook.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like