back to article Quickoffice is iPhone bound

Quickoffice, maker of the Microsoft Office-compatible suit for smartphones, has released a free iPhone application - but you won't be able to use it to edit Office documents until the middle of 2009. The application is called MobileFiles, and provides access to files stored in the user's MobileMe account. Such files can be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Office + iPhone

Face it. People don't buy iPhones to actually do work on. If you want an office device you buy proper smartphones, PDAs or laptops, where you have a real filesystem and application support to load proper office apps and be able to edit their files without having to go online all the time.

It probably makes more sense with the iPhone to use Google Docs and just edit everything online.

Keep the iPhone for the sexy looks, sleek UI, and impressing colleagues.

2. RichyS
    Paris Hilton

Why do you need a 'proper' file system?

The original Palm devices didn't have a proper file system -- just 'pointers' to where things were stored in RAM. And QuickOffice seemed to work just fine for that.

Now, I'm not saying this is going to be easy, just that a traditional file system is not really a hindrance.

Paris, 'cos she uses her Palm, too.

3. Scott Mckenzie

I'd welcome this..

...as i have an iPhone and like to do work on it, oddly it wasn't purchased to impress anyone but rather as a great tool for a lot of things and the promise of even more great things to come.

It royally whoops any other smartphone on the market IMO!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like