back to article YouTube goes spandex with MGM movie deal

YouTube's position that full-length features have no place on the website is now nothing but a memory. The Google-owned operation has now inked a deal with MGM Studios to upload entire television shows and feature films to YouTube. Judging by MGM's initial offering, however, we'd say the lion isn't putting much faith into the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mittfh
    Paris Hilton

No big loss, then...

Err...why would anyone want to watch American Gladiators? Let alone the commercial breaks?!

Come to that, why would anyone want to watch (UK) Gladiators?

Paris, because she might possibly make the show a bit more interesting...although she'd probably be cannon fodder...

2. Simon Dummett
    Joke

Shirley Shome Mishtake?

Was the name "Malibu" chosen because "Geldof" really didn't work?

3. Andy Worth

Doubtful.....

"Savor it like Malibu savors shooting tennis balls at people for a living"

From the look of him I'd say it's more like "Malibu savours playing with somebody elses balls".

Or is that Malibu Barbie on anabolic steroids? I heard that it has strange effects on women too...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am surprised to find

that American Gladiators is apparently even camper than the UK version. A stunning achievement, although sadly one we Brits will not be able to explore in its entirety. Damn that Yankee protectionism!

5. Dave Bell
    Linux

How soon we forget

There was a show on British TV called "Gladiators".

Same format. Different muscles. There's nothing wrong with muscular young women in tight clothes.

No idea which came first: no doubt there are web pages.

6. Adrian
    Coat

American Gladiators!

Sign me up, I'l move to the US just for that..what quality broadcasting! Now what did Bill Hicks say about American Gladiators?

“Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

Don' t think he was a fan...

7. Mart
    Unhappy

woooo bulletproof monk

shame we get no loving from youtube and cant watch

8. Tim
    Happy

Grammar nazi!

"viewers consumer their entertainment" Uh, was that a typo or did he actually say that? And if he did, was he related to G Dubya Bush?

9. Matt
    Joke

@Simon Dummett

I was wondering what he did in all his spare time between the LiveAid and Live8 gigs!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like