back to article Replicating DNA

"Fans of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy are likely to react strongly to the announcement that Artemis Fowl author Eoin Colfer has been given the green light to write a sixth book in the series" - El Reg "It's Marilyn, isn't it? You're the new assistant? Come on in and sit yourself down." The religious affairs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Belgium !

.... still, it might be fun to send a copy of the new book back in time, to Doulgas, so that he can sue the pants off....... hang on, it's been done before in the future, I think.

Nice article, could be in line for an award - the Most Gratuitous Use of the Word Fck, peut etre ?

Paris, cos she's probably forgotten where her towel is.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice

Arggg, it's all too feasible.

3. Jeremy

Just what I needed

on a Monday morning...

Stob for Fake Sixth Hitchhiker's Book author, please!

4. Richard
    Coat

Right then

I'm off to rename this as "Series decay in Modern English Literature: A Lamarckian Approach". Should be a required OU text in no time ;-)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Question

Is the PFY a Dentrassi? I think we should be told.

Oh, and can we get Verity Stob to replace Colfer? Much as I have enjoyed some of Colfers work, he's no DNA, VS is much closer.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Err?

Excellent article.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Verity, whatever it is you're smoking/drinking, where can I get some?

Where's the PH angle though?

7. Lonesome Twin
    Go

Meanwhile...

The distant schweeep and small 'happy service' presaged the arrival of Trillion on the bridge of the Heart of Gold. Marvin failed to intone quietly 'oh God' as he placed the book on the console at which he unaccountably sat. Trillian wrapped herself round his angular 'skull', an action which has caused a small thrill to run down the spine of humanoid lifeforms from Alpha Centauri to Zylaxan II. Marvin was not humanoid and had no spine. He exchanged a glance with the Max Headroom animation that Eddie was currently using as a 'sentient interface unit'.

'Hey!' she thrilled. 'The new book's arrived'. Another glance was exchanged.

'Is this the one which gives my character a semblence of purpose in this series?' Her voice betrayed the futility of the question.

'NO' her audience intoned flatly. 'That universe is yet to be discovered'.

8. JimC
    Unhappy

Sadly I think that piece

was probably funnier than "Mostly Harmless"

9. c price
    Heart

Caught the tone

A good effort, although I think you're a little late to pitch for the new book.

What's more worrying is that does seem to be how publishing works these days.....

Like the graph - sets the bar about right for the new one. I'm not sure how anyone can ruin the legacy more than DA did with the last two books...

Heart because I don't think I've seem it used anywhere else!

10. Glenn Charles
    Boffin

wrong author

It should be Lester Haines. He has the right attitude. Good name, too.

--Glenn

(I am not Lester Haines. I'm his left foot's big toe.)

This topic is closed for new posts.