back to article Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T700 compact camera

Sony is renowned for its stylish products, and the Cyber-shot DSC-T700 is no exception. But it'll take more than just good looks to convince us that this is a camera worth opening your wallet for. This super-slim 10.1-megapixel digicam comes in a brushed aluminium body with a whopping 3.5in display area - almost 922,000 pixels …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gareth

Peterborough...

Cathedral I think?

2. stu
    Boffin

Oh dear.. 1920x480....

1920/3 = 640

You have been duped by the old '1920 pixels' spec sheet where they count red, green and blue as seperate pixels. This is just a bog standard 640x480 display...

If it was 1920x480 it would be the highest definition 3" display in the world.

3. OrsonX
    Unhappy

Dust (not magic)

I'm getting a new camera for crimbo, it won't be a Sony tho, as the new camera will replace my current Sont DSC-P200 whose sensor long ago got covered in dust... sucked into the camera no doubt whilst zooming in and out.

Have things improved?

4. Chris Wood

DSC-T100

Sony seem to have been taking backwards steps ever since the DSC-T100 which I own and love. All the later models with touchscreen have been rubbish and produce worse images from what I can see despite all the new gimmicks that have been added to the product.

It's a shame because I could use a new pocket snapper with slightly higher resolution (think the T100 is 'only' 8MP) and improved manual controls and although I've had a good experience with my current Sony they don't seem to be delivering in the newer versions of the camera.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

640x480

I wonder if someone has ported Doom to this thing; it would be interesting play Doom with a touchscreen interface. Although I suspect that walking around Westminster with a camera that makes shotgun noises would be a bad idea.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ OrsonX

I have that same camera: in the course of nearly four years of solid use in smoky pubs (remember them?), deserts, ghost towns, concerts, beaches, cities and hillsides it's never put a foot wrong, let alone ingested any dust that's impinged noticeably on the sensor.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Sony is renowned for its stylish products..."

You haven't seen the PS3, have you?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Memory Stick Eats Itself

Yay - with that much internal storage one could almost do without the stupid Memory Stick Pro-prietary. I hope its interface has a mass storage mode.

@stu: Oh gawd - how pathetic is that lie about the display?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like