back to article Apple scotches pre-Xmas Mac desktop revamp rumour

Apple has confirmed it has now refreshed all the product lines it's going to revamp this year. The Mac maker doesn't usually comment on rumours, but this week a spokesman broke ranks and told Macworld magazine that the iMac and Mac Mini will not be updated between now and the end of the year, contradicting speculation to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

News?

So Apple say that something which wasn't news really isn't news? Why are you even reporting this?

What next? A story on how a NASA scientist confirmed that the moon really isn't made of cheese?

2. Colin MacLean
    Unhappy

Welcome to the downturn, Apple

So Apple have assumed that because sales are down, people must be waiting for rumoured new models before buying.

Erm... read a newspaper lately?

I think their nonchalance towards the middle-to-low-end market may just bite their bum.

3. Martin Lyne

You realise..

..that slating the Reg, then posting as AC won't actually stop the Reg people finding out who you are, if they want. Right?

:)

For all NASA know the core of the moon may well be cheese. Not entirely implausable that some ancient alien cheese transport got disabled, ended up being dragged into dust loud.. blah blah.

I don't care about apple and their gubbins, of course. But I'm sure somone who was waiting for that new thingamabob to come out to buy for christmas will be able to use the information..

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Bait

The new macbook is less bait than the old one. Sure, it might look more attractive, but the extra £250 on the price tag sure doesn't.

A Mac Mini revamp would be welcome, seems to be the only truly affordable Mac these days, unless you build your own and bodge OS X onto it...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

@You realise

Not bothered about the Reg finding out. Just don't want my company knowing I've been posting. ;)

6. Mick F

LOL

Apple must be feeling it. Another Tard site has the wonderful first liner "Apple is likely to cut production of its hot-selling iPhone 3G handset by up to 40 percent" - how silly does that sentence read!!??

7. Mike Crawshaw

Lo-Cost Kit

"Though Jobs has said the company is not chasing the kind of consumer who's only interested in low-cost kit."

Anyone who's ever been into an Apple store knows this already.

Any store that charges £20 for a pack of iPod "socks" (my gf wanted one for her mobile - until she saw the price tag!) is definitely not chasing anyone who has any sort of financial sense. All the peripherals seemed vastly overpriced, even when compared to other high street retailers (WH Smith are cheaper for CD-Rs, which says a lot!)

8. Aly Barr

Odd timing....

this. The student offer of a free Nano with a Macbook or iMac finished on Friday. I for one dithered over taking up the offer (of an iMac) as I'd heard the rumours of a mid November upgrade.

Why deny the rumour now? Seems like a bit of a cock up.

9. John

Bummer

I need to buy one and I don't know if I can wait till January.

10. B

It's not that tough to figure out. . . .

Seems simple enough to understand. Rumor of upgraded products before Xmas could potentially cause buyers to wait for the upgrade before ordering. Since they know this could have an effect Apple dispells the rumor so people will not erroneously wait for a non-existent upgrade. Common sense, right?

No, wait, let's see how the Apple hating Reg readers twist the analysis of this easy to understand event into an "Apple is evil" scenario. . . . . . How predictable.

11. Chris iverson

@B

Apple is evil

that is all

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like