back to article Obama leads McCain on pre-teen virtual battleground

Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama is the leading choice for BFF among pre-teen kids following the US presidential elections. More than 38 per cent of those aged between three and 12 have befriended an avatar of Obama's created on kid-friendly web service KidZui. Obama leads the avatar of Republican John McCain …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Dead Vulture

Safe browsing on the Internet for Kids!

Ok, so what about giving them a little university-of-life experience?

Computer: "Choose one of the four nice characters in William Fioravanti suits to befriend"

<Click>

Computer: "Hi, you are a sweet one, shall we be friends?"

<YES>

Computer: "A new political opportunity has arisen!"

<?>

Computer: STOMP

<!!!>

Computer: "Your new friend stomped on you for political gain, leaving you a bloodied heap to be eaten by rats. Play Again?"

"MOMYYY!!"

2. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Why does someone need to be qualified to become president?

Who would you want to screw up your country, someone ignorant or someone qualified?

3. Sooty

safe online environment

somehow, allowing children and adults (complete strangers at that) to become friends, is exactly what i though these sort of sites were set up to prevent!

not to go down the one rule for them/one rule for us route too far, but I wonder if any other adult male, befriending 38% of the kids under 12, on an on-line service would get the same reaction/treatment.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

kids are easy to manipulate

This is not a political comment, so leave me alone.

But kids are easy to manipulate. They are immature and only care about their own self interest. They will look at the picture and decide who is least likely to yell at them.

Obama is drawn the softest, with the largest, crooked smile, and raised eyebrows. Palin next, with soft features and a tilted head. Biden is drawn neutral. McCain is the only character not smiling, with uncle seinfeld "angry eyebrows". It is an easy choice for a kid.

5. Sceptical Bastard

'Wardrobe games'

"Kids are sharing online wardrobe games with Sarah Palin"

WTF are 'wardrobe games'? Sounds like a euphemism for the legions of moose-killing tatooed survivalist neocons who'd just love to rummage through Palin's soiled laundry.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So two normal happy smiling people

and a cranky old guy, with someone who looks like a witch.

Hmm, I wonder who will be in the lead there.

I am off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard he will know.

7. Allan Dyer
    Coat

Re: kids are easy to manipulate

and so completely unlike the American electorate... right?

Mine's the one with the voting machine source code in the pocket.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Dress up dolls?

Can I swap their clothes about too?

9. fred

most easily led sheep prefer obama

i'm not impressed.

10. Andy Worth

Re:manipulation

"But kids are easy to manipulate. They are immature and only care about their own self interest."

And the vast majority of the general population are somehow different? Sorry, but watching how the media manipulate people on a daily basis (take the Brand/Ross "scandal" as an example, where the whole non-issue was blown up out of proportion to try and obscure some of the more important news) and most people only care about their own self-interest anyway.

I do agree that this is a pointless "poll" but just had to point out the similarities between these kids and the voting public.

And in other news, U.S. children are given voting rights and Barney the dinosaur wins a landslide victory!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Barney the Dictator

Barney says "Sing or die, worms!"

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...NASA?

Must be getting the Alien Greys out for Obama. Suckers.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

"take the Brand/Ross "scandal" as an example"

I listened to the original broadcast on YouTube yesterday.

The only scandal here is that someone ever approved using licence payers' money to employ that complete unfunny whiney unshaven shitebag Brand in the first place!

Respec' to him for walking when it blew up though.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: most easily led sheep prefer obama

Conversely, it is amusing that McCain can't even convince impressionable young children to like him.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

qualified to be...

I found the statement rather funny:

"Funnily, that's almost the same number of people who think Palin is qualified to be a vice president."

Do you mean that a hundred and change days serving as a law maker makes Barack Hussein Obama qualified to be President in the United States?

LOL!

Palin has been a small business owner, mayor, governor, and now a V.P. Candidate - she has more executive experience than all of the current V.P. or Presidential Candidates, combined!

What an absolute comedy!

She looks like the American Iron Lady - Maggie would be proud!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like