back to article Feds indict international cyber crook accused of $1.7m ATM spree

An international cyber criminal with a resume that includes breaking into computers maintained by NASA, the Pentagon, the Israeli parliament, and Hamas has been indicted in New York for conspiracy and fraud involving access devices. Between February and May of this year, Ehud Tenenbaum - who once went under the moniker The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is precisely why hackers should get 20 years in prison

Had this convicted criminal been properly incarcerated for 20 years for his previous crimes, he would not have been able to commit this crime spree. Anyone who doesn't "get it" is either braindead or has their head stuffed fully up their arse.

2. kain preacher

Israeli

I'm sure thy would love to get their hands on him

3. lglethal Silver badge
    Thumb Down

@AC

Come on champ, his previous stuff involved (from what ive read here at least) hacking into a few government websites and servers, no real damage done. 20 years for that is fine so long as you up the prison time for every murderer, rapist, attacker, vandal, thief and drunk and disorderly to more then 20 years! I mean come on get some sense of perspective!

As for the stealing A$1.7million. I hope he gets a sentence similar to if someone pulled a bank job for the cash - maybe not armed robbery but just because it was online doesnt mean it wasnt the same as robbing a bank in person!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@AC

20 years ?!?

You are obviously not from this planet

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: @AC/ lglethal

So what should be the sentence for someone who has pulled a 600M heist by working around trading limits? If we continue down your logic path this sounds like the good old Philip IV th the Fair treatment as administered by him to the Temple Knights or D 'Honet brothers. .

Not that I do not approve... People should get "whatever hristmas they deserve"

6. lglethal Silver badge
    Thumb Up

@AC

A preson who pulls a 600m heist by working trading limits deserves the same as a bank robbery. Just like i said. Just because you have more expertise then the average bank robber, the intention is the same. Its the intention thats important in my opinion. If someone is making trades they shouldnt have but without any aim of personal gain then the sentence should be fairly minimal though probably with a ban on them ever working in finance again! And of course there superiors deserve there ass getting fried as well. But someone who delibrately goes out to steal money for personal gain no matter how they do it deserves a very long sentence!

My 2p...

7. Eddie Edwards
    Coat

@ Philip IV the Fair

My knowledge of the history of the Knights Templar has, admittedly, been pieced together from Dan Brown novels, but has anyone else noticed the profound similarity between Philip the Fair's destruction of the Knights Templar on Friday 13th 1307, and Emperor Palpatine's destruction of the Jedi Knights in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith?

I think we should be told.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like