back to article Bono bikini babe party pictures loose on Facebook

Pictures featuring U2 singer Bono partying with bikini-clad babes have been exposed on Facebook. The snaps of the crooner together with a friend and two 19-year-old lovelies were available to everyone in the social networking site's New York geographical network after one of the girls involved, Andrea Feick, posted the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sproot
    Unhappy

Useless

Article is useless w/out pictures!

2. Carl
    Thumb Up

Erm...

The article doesn't really need pictures does it?? Or is it such a dificulty to type Andrea Feick into facebook and have a gander yourself..

I was expecting more pics, frankly...

3. Christopher Martin
    IT Angle

What do privacy settings have to do with anything?

Even if the photos had been limited to "friends only" - I'm sure their friends would have ended up copying them out to their blogs or something for public viewing anyway.

In fact, I don't even see any evidence that they WANTED the snaps to be private. The angle on this story is that Facebook somehow let them accidentally expose their data, but I don't see any evidence to substantiate that claim. As far as I can see, some girls took pictures of themselves with Bono, and put them on the web for all to see.

The only privacy aspect is the lesson that if you're a celebrity who doesn't want to be caught hanging out with young girls, you probably shouldn't let them photograph the party.

Where's the IT angle? This is just a story about Bono hanging out with some young girls. Some blogger padded it with some unrelated drivel about Facebook privacy, and El Reg seems to have picked up on it because it contains the word "Facebook".

4. Pete James

Moral Outrage!

Disgusting! How dare a middle-aged celeb be surrounded by two scantily-clad young ladies and clearly enjoy it as well!

It's nowhere near as laughable as Ronnie Wood's predicament but personally, I think there will be some overt politics of envy going on here if people start whinging about how awful it is. I'd happily swap places but I can't sing, sadly. Couldn't hold a note in a bucket using both hands if I tried. So, the young ladies are safe from me obviously. Ho Hum.

As for Bono, serves him right for writing all those 6th-Form standard lyrics we've had to suffer since the early 80's. Oh, and being such a hyprocrit over third world poverty and the need for us prols to put our hands in our pockets while his stay firmyl zipped up.

5. ratfox
    Paris Hilton

@useless

How about clicking on the link?

..Anyway whoever puts pics on their facebook profile is asking world+dog to see them...

PH icon, logically

6. Damn Yank
    Thumb Down

not so much

http://hottiesinthenews.blogspot.com/2008/10/andrea-feick-and-hannah-emerson-palling.html

7. TeeCee Gold badge
    Dead Vulture

Oooooo!

Facebook in "people can see your profile" shocker! Pictures at 11.

Tomorrow: An exclusive on how a simple Google search can retrieve information from Facebook and other sites. You'll be amazed!!

Later this week: "Social networking. Is it insecure or what?" A three page analysis by a security company's spokesthing including in-depth opinion interviews with forest dwelling defecating bears and catholic popes.

8. Colin MacLean
    Pirate

Bonogenic

A few years ago, I encountered Bono and Edge having a quiet drink in a 'swanky' Dublin waterfront bar. They were surrounded by Phil Mitchell-alike bouncers wearing black puffa jackets.

Myself and a mate approached them and I whipped out my (at the time) space-age Casio Exilim.

Mr Bono told me I had to ask if I wanted a picture. So I asked and he said okay. Such a nice chap.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6940/u2nixgg6.th.jpg

Wonder if his missus knew he was out in the pub. Could be in even more trouble now!

9. RichyS
    Paris Hilton

@Carl

But then you'd need a Facebook. And I'm not twelve.

Paris, 'cos she's not so hot on security either.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dog Biscuit

The pictures were in the newspapers earlier in the week.

11. b
    Stop

that's the thumbnail, colin!

here's the full 800x600 pic:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6940/u2nixgg6.jpg

cheers,

bill

p.s. stuff and nonsense: http://www.eupeople.net/forum

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Anche io sono amico di Andrea Feick e Hannah Emerson

Apparently it's caused a spin-off fan group. Just look for "Anche io sono amico di Andrea Feick e Hannah Emerson" - WGAS if you don't speak Italian ;)

Paris - coz she'd have been on the Boner, not Bono

13. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

First...

... the nurse's knickers that made us see stuff we didn't want to see, now this... Facebook is such a bag of hurt lately. Hey Bono, make a song about it. How about a good one for a change? And get a new pair o' shades dude, you can afford it.

14. tuna
    Paris Hilton

Bono's Lost The Edge?

Maybe Edge is the hottie magnet, or maybe Bono needs new glasses, but those little darlings aren't worth a multi-million $ divorce. Sure they're cute, they're all cute when they're pups, but if I'm going to risk a fortune I want to be proud when I point across the courtroom and say, "She's why I'm losing XX million pounds and I regret it not."

Paris, cuz I'd divorce her in a NY minute.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

All the nice girls love a sailor

Luxury yacht, can we be sure Peter Mandelson wasn't on-board?

16. Tim Bates
    Stop

@ Carl

Ummm... Pretty hard to do anything on Facebook if you've not signed up. And for anyone that refuses to sign up for any reason, that leaves it as damn near impossible.

Google helped me out though. Some other place had posted them...

17. Secretgeek
    Black Helicopters

Teen hotties to one side...

...although just for a minute obviously, it's good to see (the reincarcation of Jesus), sorry, Bono the Holy devout espouser that everyone should stop burning fossil fuels and give all our money to alleviate African poverty, utilising one of the greenest forms of transport around - the mutli-million quid super yacht (I've not seen the pics so don't bother to correct me if it's actually a mega-yacht or super yacht or mini yacht, I don't give a shit and it is still a fucking $$$ yacht).

I'm sure that the carbon saving more than sets off against rest of his fucking monumetal transport needs.

P.S. I tried to search for what transport he actually does use/own but there's nothing, NOTHING. I say conspiracy. No reason, I just do.

Black helicopter because I bet he fucking owns two.

18. Scott Mckenzie

Err...

Reality check?

It's not as if he's up to the nuts in either of them now is it... they're sat on his lap, probably posing for a photo, blimey we live in a wonderful society nowadays don't we, probably innocent as you like but hell lets not let that ruin a story!

Oh and Colin, he doesn't look too happy in that picture! And doesn't smoking kill children in Africa - disgraceful behaviour!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like