back to article Sony and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad quarter

Sony didn't have a terrific second quarter. If the electronics/entertainment conglomerate ran a milk business, its cartons would read thusly: "Have you seen me? 90.1 per cent of our Q2 profits." The cash abduction wasn't unexpected, however. Sony gave warning earlier this month that global economic woes were deflating stock …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Darren Davison
    Paris Hilton

aww... bless

Such a shame to see those DRM touting, rootkit making, arrogant tossers lose all their money.

Paris, 'cos they're about as popular as each other.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Oh dear

Looks like the market for over-priced electronics is not good at the moment.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hah

All your Memory sticks belong ... well actually going on your sales ... they still belong to you! Oh dear what a pity never mind, see if you can think of any great new lock in products to hit the masses when inflation is rampant and unemployment is rising.

Efros

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sony's problem is.....

They are too expensive for what they are. They up the price for the badgeand people are sick of it.

They are arogant and ignorant to their customers. The best bit is their laptop support line. You need to register online to get support. However if the laptop is dead you cant register and so cant get support.....

5. Jamie Davis
    Heart

Nice one

"But if you're looking for actual, tangible cash here, the princess is in another castle."

Like it, that tickles my geek switch :)

6. Steve

How times have changed...

I used to like Sony. 15 years ago I would think high end, reliable and good quality products with great customer support means Sony.

But in the last 10 years they've become arogant, lowering the quality whilst upping the price, lacked innovation and threw in some lovely DRM to piss off the geeks. Oh, and also managed to completely cock up customer support - as in they don't really have any.

Any attempt any innovation is some pointless proprietary "standard" which is replaced by a chepear more open choice within a year. Quality has gone and has been replaced with marketing.

Seriously - they're blaming the strength of the Yen?!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like