back to article Social networking will save us all, says Orange

A Demos report on social networking commissioned by Orange has reached the unlikely conclusion that social networks provide the best hope for companies in the economic downturn. The report interviewed workers from six companies - including Orange but not limited to those in the IT sector - about how professionals are using …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Frauds interview frauds, agree fraud is good

Let's see.

Demos interviewed a company called Imaginatik.

"Imaginatik provides unique enterprise software, processes and insights to tap into the Collective Genius for collaborative innovation and problem solving "

One bunch of fraudulent New Age nutters interviews another. One wants to hear that fraudulent New Age nuttery is important. The other sells fraudulent New Age nuttery and tells them that yes, it is important.

Together they conclude that fraudulent New Age nuttery is very important indeed - and hold a press conference.

2. Mike Crawshaw
    Stop

Fakebook at Work????

"So no massive surprises, but if you're looking for evidence to back up your argument that Facebook should be allowed through the corporate firewall then this (pdf) is a good place to start."

Please, for the love of FSM, no. Just..... no. I have trouble enough dealing with people around me talking about how they talked to each other on that thing the evening before. Every day. They don't seem to have realised that tFSM invented pubs for a reason.

"I sent a ninja after you last night! *tee hee*"

"Yeah, and I poked you when I saw it! *tee hee*"

"Did you see Bob's Wall?? *tee hee*"

Argh. It makes me reach for the bottle of medicine in my bottom drawer, just thinking about it.

3. James

Oh Please .......

... social networking will continue when the power dies because we can't afford to pay !

Who pays these people?

4. Colin Millar
    Joke

Its just one bleak headline after another

The was me thinking ah - at least this recession will cure web 2.0 - only for you to tell me it is in fact the other way around

Damn you el Reg, and damn the horse you rode in on

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

maintain two IM accounts

The reason i left FB was exactly because friends and work colleagues could mix... i.e. work people could see photos posted by friend of me when i was out and about being drunk or whatever.

Work is where i am professional and outside work i am not.

I would love to be able to maintain two IM accounts but with having Skype, MSN etc all depending on what my current employer wants makes that impossible and i have to keep deleting and blocking old contacts at companies i no longer work for, just so they dont bug me about stuff when i am not working for them.

This report has more flaws than an Escher drawing.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Re: Colin Millar

My sentiments exactly.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

I'm Not bitter

This is the same Orange which bought a social networking site (smartgroups.com) for £60M back in the web 1 boom days and then neglected it for 4 years before turning it off and evicting a few million users.

Now they say social networking is the future. Great vision guys.

The futures clouded.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like