back to article Immature tech likely to get lucky in credit crunch

The credit crunch is likely to produce changes in IT spending priorities that may create additional security risks. Tim Mather, RSA Conference chief strategist, said technologies such as open source, virtualisation, inter-organisation VoIP and cloud computing will gain traction as organisations look to rein in spending. How to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Teh_Vermicious_Knid
    Go

Stonesoft virtual firewall

Stonesoft have a solution (Virtual Firewall) to secure virtual environments, in fact, I think they are pretty much the only people doing it right now. it is endorsed by VMware alliance too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Bandwaggon anybody?

... when from the West came a beautifully fashioned bandwaggon. "Let me on, let me on!" came the cry, "there's room for all of us".

Alas, so many people climbed onto this bandwaggon that it collapsed under its weight, the wheels coming off, and those who started the journey knowing their destination never made it there.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

don't

Hey guys we shouldn't think of them as security risks, we should think of them as theft opportunities!

4. KarlTh

Is this

just a complicated way of saying "people without much money are more likely to buy cheap tat"?

In which case I suppose it's "bears shit in woods, pope catholic, more news at 11"

5. Bruce Arnold
    Alert

Cloud Computing and Corporate Culpability

Re: Cloud Computing Security Risks and Accountability for Loss of Data, Breach of Privacy and Other Violations

I am not a lawyer. I don't play one on television. And after my last divorce, I have no motivation to further enrich any member of the legal profession. Nevertheless, my first and best advice to any American business executive considering "cloud computing", "SaaS" or "PaaS" as cost-cutting solutions in recessionary times is GET THEE TO AN ATTORNEY!

Regardless of who wins the White House next Tuesday--Oblabla and the Mouth, or Geezer and Gidget--and no matter what remuda of Republocrats controls our Congress thereafter, the recently exposed excesses of Wall Street's Bonus Buccaneer CEOs guarantee increased scrutiny and accountability for executives at all levels and in all arenas, including and perhaps especially that of the CIO. In such a charged political environment, any harm, damage, loss or breach of HIPAA or other privacy mandates attributable to corporate decisions to outsource sensitive information for bottom-line benefit is likely to have repercussions that go far beyond reversing any perceived savings. And when time comes for the ax to fall in the boardroom--or worse, the gavel in the courtroom--rest assured that your cries to blame the Data Manager in Mumbai will fall on deaf ears.

Bruce Arnold, Miami Web Designer

http://WebDesignMiami.PervasivePersuasion.com

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like