back to article HP Monsters spew data center ad jargon

Hewlett-Packard has somehow devised a Halloween treat even less appealing than a circus peanut. The PC vendor unveiled today a Halloween-themed video advertising campaign on YouTube featuring a motley crew of monsters pitching HP's data center kit and services. But the truly frightening part is how they speak like corporate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Oooh...

....that's bad.

Completed my monday, thanks!

Where's the steaming pile icon? We need one! Ballmer instead, since his advertising is about on the same level.

2. Jonathan McColl
    Alien

Aaaaargh

To go there is to make ... a Compaq with the Devil!!!!!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

facebook link to sell datacenter equipment

Seriously, are they like on Crack or something? Or do their ad execs not realize that most serious IT shops probably block facebook at their perimeters?

I mean I don't mean to rain on their collective parades, but that IS, next to the yahoo stalker app for cell phones/pda's, one of the most stupid ideas yet.

I chose Paris because she probably knows better, at least in terms of attempting to sell high end kit

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

/blinks

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Coat please. I've seen it all now so I think I'll be going.

6. Chris Bone
    Coat

So its true.......

They really are coming to get you!

No doubt with a cleverly disguised managed sevices contract, errr no sorry , bloated EDS contract that cleverly commits you use all of the HP kit like 'Superdumb', 'cClass' (c in this respect standing for bottom of the) and Virtually useless connect.

Mines the one with 'I've seen the light on the back'

7. Frank
    Thumb Down

You were right

I was prepared to be open minded. I thought it would be played by actors hanging around in the dark corners of data centres etc. But no, it was a naff animation and it was indeed awful.

8. LINCARD1000
    Coat

Yeah... scary

It is frightening.. Frighteningly BAD.

Mine's the one with skidmarks in the undies...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Argh!

Its just too horrible!

While I'm all for having a bit of fun, I'm not sure who/what they're aiming for! The graphics aren't serious and the voice-overs aren't fun. It neither informative nor aesthetically pleasing.

It should have been in the "FAIL and YOU" section instead.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like