back to article Trojan attacks Microsoft's emergency patch vuln

A day after Microsoft released an emergency patch for a critical flaw that could allow self-replicating attacks, researchers have identified a nasty trojan that attempts to exploit the vulnerability. Variants of the data-stealing trojan known by names including Gimmiv.A and Spy-Agent.da have morphed over the past few weeks to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Oh dear!!

How worrying for all you Microsoft (l)users!

2. Sooty

what's the surprise?

the day after Microsoft publicly announce a massive security hole in windows, lots of exploits turn up attempting to get one over on people who haven't patched it yet.

3. KenBW2
    Thumb Down

Wow, reliable quotes

from Security providers? You mean the people who rely on fear for people to buy their products?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

Where can I get a copy...

sound like a useful tool for windows.

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Yet another Code Red

Dear me, dear me, another end-of-times, Internet Armageddon, everything is going to melt down worm thingy that won't be able to get past my firewall either.

Color me utterly shellshocked. I'm off to stock up on canned foods - sometime next year.

6. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Re: what's the surprise

Towards the end of the article there's a suggestion that at least one of these worms was not produced "the day after" MS went public, but somewhat earlier. I think *that's* the surprise, at least for some people. The bad guys appear to have found this hole first.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Why do the worm writers.......

Always use such names?

I mean, Spy-Agent.da why not Fluffy-Bunnies.da or something less obvious?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

They don't

The AV companies name them, not the VXers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like