back to article Feds raid Miley Cyrus hack suspect

A hacker who allegedly uploaded pictures of 15-year-old Hannah Montana star Miley Cyrus onto the net was raided by the FBI on Monday. Agents carried away three computers and a mobile phone for forensic examination after raiding the Murfreesboro, Tennessee, home of Josh Holly. The 19-year-old allegedly bragged online that he'd …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Fisher

What a knob

there he is, just asking to be banged up for this, silly boy!

2. Mike

Here's a thought...

... how about people shouldn't keep these kinds of photos available on their gmail accounts? Miley was an idiot even having those pictures anywhere except her own hard drive (and even there).

And if you DO happen to hack a site like that, don't brag about it, sheesh.

3. Svein Skogen
    Flame

To paraphrase...

"Pics or it didin't happen" ;)

//Svein

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time to pay for his stupidity

It's amazing how dumb and inconsiderate some people can be. This hacker should go to jail and pay restitution for being clueless.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

*tap, tap* Are the internets broken?

For, unless my eyes deceive me, this article contains no mention of Anonymous, the catch-all bad guy of the modern day. Although I'll bet good money a /b/tard was involved in this somewhere along the line...

6. J-Wick

@AC

My thoughts exactly - soon as I get off work I'm gonna go /b/rowsing to see if I can find more details...

7. Daniel B.
    Thumb Down

Tasteless hackers?

Come on, Hannah Montana? What was this "hacker", a 14 y/o teenager???

Then again, he did brag about his "hack", so meh.

Though I'd also wonder why do people think their free e-mail is secure...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Bad luck

If you put personal stuff on another computer (or server) outside your direct control, AKA the Internet.

The stuff is there to be discovered!

Tough!

9. Andre Labuschagne
    Paris Hilton

Does this remind anyone ...

... of a stunt pulled by another famous celebrity. Hint, hint, look at the attached icon ....

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Hack or child offence?

Ok, so he hacked her webmail. A light sentence for a first offence and a smack on the wrist for him.

But, since she is a minor and there is evidence that she is passing suggestive images across state borders (Exact where are the gmail servers?) then she should be arrested and prosecuted in the same way as another minor who sent suggestive images of herself by cell phone only recently.

And if that keeps this pubescent annoyance off our airwaves for a while, then I'm all for it.

Of course they would also have to find out who the recipients of said images were, and bang them up too, meh! collateral damage.

Mine is the STOP teenyboppers till their voices break.

11. andy gibson

Nothing new

Didn't she pose for provocative pictures for a newspaper a few months ago then "regretted" it? I bet she and her record company didn't regret the free publicity she got.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: Nothing New

Erm, you realise her record label is Disney and her fanbase is primarily 10-13 year old girls? Yeah, I bet Disney loved the Vanity Fair picture that caused the uproar.

I was in the States when the Vanity Fair photoshoot happened and yes, there was an awful lot of free coverage – just about all of it negative. If the Hannah Montana brand wasn’t such a huge money-spinner for Disney, she would have been dropped faster than you can say ‘jailbait’.

Cyrus has sold absolutely shedloads of albums, stadium tours are a sell-out etc, so why exactly would Disney need the free publicity? Arguably, the Hannah Montana show on the Disney Channel does quite nicely for them.

13. g00p
    Paris Hilton

WOOT!?

Screw the article for a second - that girls only 15!?!?! have you SEEN the way she dances on stage? Let alone some of the somewhat questionable lyrics she's made to "sing"

If that were my daughter I'd be having stern words

Not really a great role model

Paris, coz Mileys teetering in her stilletto footsteps..

14. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

question

is it normal behavior for 15 year old girls to have semi-nude pictures of themselves stored in their email accounts? Meaning - why the hell does this chick have pictures of herself? Is she that narcissistic?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like