back to article Wiggy scuffle pampernaut lawyers back in court

The legal team of Lisa Nowak, the one-time NASA spacewoman accused of planning to abduct and mishandle a rival for the affections of a space shuttle pilot, appeared again in court yesterday. Prosecutors were appealing against an earlier decision to throw out most of the evidence in the case. Florida cops originally braceleted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ron Eve
    Coat

Gay disabled Vicar in M-way mercy dash shock horror

In other news:

El Reg Def Ed in bid for tabloid head glory.

/coat - the red top one

2. amanfromMars Silver badge

Damage Limitation ... Classified Repairs

Strange that the Navy has not stepped in to end the prosecution. Astronaut training is inherently dangerous and stress levels can be discovered, as this case reveals, to be too high without 24/7/365 SuperVision. This new knowledge has closed that Systems Fail and thus are there no individual cases to answer.

3. Dominic Kua
    Boffin

Protagonist?

She was telling a story?

Sure you didn't mean antagonist?

Anyway, where can I get space knickers?

4. Gianni Straniero
    Alien

@Dominic

Space knickers available here:

http://www.just-style.com/article.aspx?id=101896

5. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Meanwhile...

... that pesky place called outer space is gridlocked with Ladas, Tatas, and Dadis. A universe packed bumper to bumper with nappied space-o-nauts and the only one getting shivved is NASA.

I put it to everyone that a nutty 'naut is nowt at altitude nought.

6. Stephen May

2 points

One, amanfromMars post that is actually *comprehensible*? And two, that sub-heading sounds like a show from TvGoHome!

7. Adrian Jones

Eh? 24/7/365?

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 weeks in a...

I wish I had SuperVision.

Oh, it's amanfromMars. Must check the author before trying to undestand... :)

(Why won't the comment accept "24/7/365?" as a title? It comes back with "A title is required")

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Dominic

Main Entry:

pro·tag·o·nist Listen to the pronunciation of protagonist

Pronunciation:

\prō-ˈta-gə-nist\

Function:

noun

Etymology:

Greek prōtagōnistēs, from prōt- prot- + agōnistēs competitor at games, actor, from agōnizesthai to compete, from agōn contest, competition at games — more at agony

Date:

1 a: the principal character in a literary work (as a drama or story) b: a leading actor, character, or participant in a literary work or real event

see the leading character in a real event type description bit.

9. michael cadoux

pedantry

"antagonist", not protagonist. Oh dear, being precise, that must make me a sad inadequate.

10. Craig

Re: michael cadoux

Yep it does.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

For those of you wondering

about those experiments up in the sky, wonder no more ...

It's better, hotter, faster action than you can imagine, RocketMan at it again, he'll make your world go round, starry-eyed babes loosing their footing... crashing and burning

12. kain preacher

I heard

She is trying to be vice president

13. Mike Flugennock
    Coat

a very minor nit...

...which is that, according to my old high school literature teacher, Nowak's rival for said space stud muffin's affections would actually be an _antagonist_. Iirc, your _protagonist_ would be the "hero" -- but not necessarily a "good" or "heroic" -- character in your story.

That is all. (that one, there, with the reading glasses in the front pocket, thanks)

14. Mike Flugennock
    Coat

Oh, and I almost forgot...

Why is this under "space"?

Shouldn't it be under "crime"? Or, perhaps, "biology"?

Oh, alright...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like