back to article Night of the Living RegisterFly: Randy Travis concert in jeopardy

A reviled domain registrar given up for dead has allegedly risen from its ethereous hell to devour a church website selling tickets to this Sunday's Randy Travis concert in Mandeville, Louisiana, according to The North Shore View. Smote down by ICANN, and stripped of its accreditation, the domain registrar had largely faded from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: 'Night of the Living RegisterFly: Randy Travis Concert in Jeopardy

Thank you for your informative commentary on the RegisterFly faux pas. It is very much a travesty and a blemish on our society that the vindictiveness of an individual or group can escalate to this extent.

However, the comment, "There are those, of course, who believe that Mr. Travis was spawned in a hell of his own, but that is a story for another day.", was very much aspersing and unprofessional. Your periodical should have demonstrated greater discretion in printing such a vituperative opinion.

RM

2. Shoal Creek

Calm Down...

I like Randy Travis as much as the next Belly Dump Driver (yes, I really do drive a road construction truck for a living, even with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science--Magna Cum Laude). Any regular reader of El Reg knows enough to not get their back up over the opinionated comments that are strewn throughout the articles. In fact, that's why I like the articles. It makes it easier for me to understand where the author's bias lies and how to treat the information contained within the articles. I say kudos to Burke Hansen for doing such a good job of presenting the pertinent information despite any personal bias he may have against Randy Travis.

3. Pete

RM - It's actually...

.. The author's attempt at humour :)

I'm pretty sure that The Register's Registerfly and Travis travesty story wasn't meant to upset the cornerstone congregation or any of it's Randy fans.

4. kevin elliott

Cheap

The dig at Randy Travis was cheap & nasty, not witty.

In general I like El Reg's flippant, irreverant style, but this didn't make the grade.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Randy Travis fanboys

Who'd a thunk it?

It made me laugh.

6. Colin Jackson

Woowoo alert!

"I am praying that God will show his might at this 11th hour for us," Pastor Gilford said."

The optimism and denial of reality here is staggering. What kind of bubble does this man live in? There are so many logic errors in this one simple sentence, it's hard to know where to start.

7. Lyndon Hills

Pete

I think the idea that a congregation might have fans is unlikely enough, without you suggesting that they're randy to boot.

8. Steve

Lyndon

"I think the idea that a congregation might have fans is unlikely enough, without you suggesting that they're randy to boot."

Oh I don't know, it's a fact well known by those who know it that a large percentage of Americans go to church to eye up potential partners.

Sunday best summer dresses ? Phwooar what a scorcher (etc)

9. JayB

Denial in the face of Reality

"I am praying that God will show his might at this 11th hour for us," Pastor Gilford said."

Anyone reminded of the definition of "pray" out of Bierce's Devil's Dictionary

"PRAY, v.

To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy. "

Personally I found the Randy Travis gag quite amusing - but then I am not a religious fundie :)

*dons flame proof coat*

10. Dillon Pyron

And what does this have to do with ...

... Paris Hilton and iPhones?

11. Merlin

The might of God.

"I am praying that God will show his might at this 11th hour for us". Hadn't he already? Learn to accept God's decisions even when they're not what you want.

This topic is closed for new posts.