back to article Nokia beats rivals to steamy Britney video hotspot

What can we say? Money talks and bullsh|t walks, to quote Spinal Tap. Nokia's capacious pockets... er... compelling technology has beaten out the likes of Samsung and Apple to get its newest touchscreen phone a prime appearance in Britney Spears' latest raunchy pop promo. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DAN*tastik
    Heart

Finally a phone worth talking about!

After all those nonsensical articles about Windos Mobile and iPhones - they are phones, for fuck sake - there's one that deserves everybody's attention.

This is my first question about the touch thingie: does the guy holding it in the video already have a husband? Cause I'd sort of offer myself, if he's reading.

Failing that, I would settle for Britney, if she's reading. ( I am not one for equal opportunities but I would make an exception for her... )

2. AC
    Heart

a britney video ...

and you're talking about a phone?!

personally i didnt even notice the phone but certainly noticed britney ...

3. Thomas

"compelling technology has beaten out the likes of..."

Why don't you just switch your primary address to theregister.com, post a story swearing allegiance to the flag every morning, up your oil usage four or five fold and be done with it?

4. mr totalwar
    Flame

steamy Britney

who care about the phone vid is hot and sounds cool as well.

5. Laxman

10:30 Product Placement Meeting

That entry in the calendar made me laugh.

6. Frank
    Thumb Down

re. Finally a phone.......

Proof, if any were needed, that watching Britney videos can scramble your brain.

I'm looking forward to reading about car accidents resulting from people steering with their foot while engaged in distracting activities on the back seat. Yes, I did say 'looking forward to..'

(The voice-over introduction warned that some of the images would not be suitable for some viewers, so I suppose that's the health and safety obligations taken care of).

7. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic -- Connecting Womanizers!

Mr Womanizer's Nokia is locked (see key icon) but still it responds to thumbpresses. It's also offline or has no SIM card in (see X in top left).

8. The Voice of Reason

Product placement

In recent times Britney has continuously been "accidentally" caught wearing no knickers in numerous paparrazi upskirt shots.

Given this, I'm surprised the advertisers weren't more imaginative about choice of product placement. It would make a nice change to see a phone, rather than what Britney usually has on display there.

And perhaps a chance to show-off the vibrate mode?

9. Danny Thompson
    IT Angle

We're sorry, this video is ....

.... no longer available.

Hillarious. Nor is the Nokia (in the UK). And that suits me just fine. Britney and this abomination belong together, in the oblivion they deserve.

Apple iPhone beater? Nothing at all to see here. Move along please.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like