back to article Itheon offers WAN in a box

Itheon has brought out a compact version of its network emulator technology for developers who need to check how their games or applications will perform in the real world. Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions. For example, it can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Juhani Vehvilainen

MS Windows and embedded systems

"Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions."

That must be the first time Windows actually makes sense as the OS for an embedded system...

2. Fazal Majid

There are free alternatives

NISTnet (Linux-based) has been available for a decade (your tax dollars at work), and dummynet (BSD-based) is another option.

3. Cliff Chapman

When your reputation depends on it...

We use Itheon's WAN emulators to help people correctly size International WANs costing 10s of thousands a year. Whilst I agree there are many useful free tools available, if I used one as the basis for such important recommendations and got it wrong I'd be out of a job!

I'm looking forward to trying the new smaller lighter model - Oh, and staying employed.

This topic is closed for new posts.