back to article Martin Sheen backs Paris for president

Paris Hilton has deployed some heavyweight backing for her bid to become the next (fake) president of the US of A - none other than West Wing thesp Martin Sheen, who offers the talented heiress some sound campaign advice in this rather silly video down at Funny or Die: Paris watchers will, of course, be aware that Ms …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam Foxton
    Paris Hilton

The problem is

that she'd not be able to be President for a few years.

However, they really should scrap that "old blokes only" bit of legislation just for her!

Paris for President!

Seriously, what's the worst that could happen? She's enjoyed herself all over the world- so knows that there are places outside America. America is in the middle of a financial crisis, a huge upsurge in Orwellian government activity and two wars, so it's not like she'd be able to make it any worse. She's probably also getting a little sick of people following her everywhere so she'd be against all that surveilance crap too!

Plus she'd get the vote from men (because she is pretty hot. And rich. And female.), women (to have a female President). The poor would love her as she's in More or whatever they read over there and has better hair than Barack or his walking dead opponent. The rich would love her because she's rich. She's NOT managed to collapse oil companies (unlike Bush)- in fact her named products seem to be doing pretty well (in that even I've heard of them).

Paris icon because why not? She seems like the best choice from the bunch!

2. Matt Smart
    Paris Hilton

Loves it.

That is all.

3. Colin Morris
    Paris Hilton

Republican's have missed a trick here

Firstly isn't Paris looking hotter than ever in that video?

Also, surely the 'publicans have missed a trick, havent they? Admittedly it's only good old Paris but she seems to have ten times the brain cells of Palin the gun nut wildlife killer! She'd make a far more suitable running mate for McCain (although of course anyone else with at least a brain cell would too!)

Paris because... oh yeah... sorry.......

4. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Re: The problem is

"However, they really should scrap that "old blokes only" bit of legislation just for her!"

...along with the somewhat arbitrary requirement that the candidate must be a US citizen and must swear an oath of allegiance to the US before taking office. I mean, if the people are prepared to vote for someone who doesn't meet those requirements, why should the Constitution stop them? And they call it a democracy. Hah!

5. Alastair Smith
    Heart

Martin Sheen

is a total legend. And I loved the cameo at the end.

6. mr.K
    Go

Can I vote then?

I am not American, can I still give a fake vote to her?

7. George
    Paris Hilton

More of this kind of thing...

It really lightens the mood. And kudos to Sheen, I like that man because after all he has done he is still pretty normal. Cruise, take some notes.

I'm not even saying why for Paris, she speaks for herself.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no

not hot .

not funny.

not clever.

please die.

9. Adam Foxton

@Ken Hagan

She is American, though (well, according to Wikipedia), so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's not like you'd have the Austrian cyborg that is governer Schwarzenegger going for the presidential seat!

And the oath of allegiance wouldn't be a problem.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

A Welcome Distraction

- from worrying about Icesave and Kaupthing.

Hey, instead of kicking Iceland from here to Bermuda or sending in the gunboats, why don't we tell Iceland that Paris is going to be the boss of them for a while. "Paris is your IceQueen, B*tches".

And when she's proven herself capable, which I am sure she will, then she can run for US Pres in 2012. There'll be no stopping her. (Unless Sarah has pressed the red button meantime).

We can but dream.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I'm a fake Amercian, so I'll vote for....

Paris, Paris Paris!

12. michael

yes

yes

hot .

funny.

clever. (well he is)

have a nice day

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: President Paris

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the president of the US have to be at least 36 years old or something similar?

So unless she's been lying to us about her age, she can't run for El Presidente in 2012.

14. Law
    Thumb Up

I heart her

Never used to... El Reg has brainwashed me into a believer... and as she matures, she's getting hot!!

PARIS FOR PREZ!!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Anonymous Coward (re: age)

The minimum age is 35 (Constitution of the United States, Article 2, Section 1).

16. Dave The Cardboard Box
    Happy

Plenty of people achieve mediocrity...

... before they are 35, why rule them out.?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

The sad part

Is that it's most unlikely she would do worse than dubya. in eight short years the united snakes of merikans has gone backwards 200 years in civilization. If we get another idiot like this in office pretty soon we'll be further back in time than before palin believes the universe was created in....sad. T__T

18. Matthew Brown
    Paris Hilton

Hilton for America

She's as close to Jed Bartlet as the yanks are going to get. Might as well go for it!

19. Mr Larrington
    Unhappy

One problem

"You've got a hot bod - don't keep it to yourself. Why wear a pantsuit when you can wear a swinsuit? Welcome to the lower 49, girlfriend." Paris Hilton advises Cretina D'Evil^w^W Sarah Palin on her image.

20. Dr. E. Amweaver
    Paris Hilton

...does anyone know where to either get or make...

Paris Hilton for President 2008 t-shirts?

21. Peter Gold badge

She'll have my vote - the real one.

Trouble is, I'm not American. But that's OK for fake votes!

I think it's brave throwing a stick like that into the hen house. The risk is that the wannabee politicians woudl try to play games with it. Having said that, McCain already got a warning - if he doesn't recognise that he's in for some entertainment the moment his camp tries it again.

The kid's got brains - yeah!

22. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I love Paris every moment.....

Maybe not for Pres, but definitely for Vice. Unlike appalling Palin this gal has experience and we know she can go the distance without getting her knickers in a twist. Campaign song by Cole Porter: "I Love Paris," sung by Frank Sinatra.

Po-faced Palin puritanism or Parisian profligacy? No-brainer.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Ken Hagan

Non-US citizens? No! Don't give them ideas! They'd elect Tony Bliar then the whole WORLD would go down the tubes, not just our bit of it.

As for Paris, what's all the fuss? I can only echo the comment that a friend once made about a barmaid of our acquaintance. "She's OK, from the neck down".

This topic is closed for new posts.