back to article Datawind PocketSurfer 2 handheld web browser

Canadian company Datawind unveiled its second-generation PocketSurfer handheld gadget for web browsing, and while its pledge that the device brings with it fast wireless access for free stretches the meaning of the word, it comes pretty close. Datawind PocketSurfer 2 Datawind's PocketSurfer 2: eBay on the move? First, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Edwards

N800 or 770 instead?

It's no competition for an N800 Bluetoothed into a 3G handset then. Even a 770 will give it a run for it's money by the sound of it, especially when Expansys are selling the 770 for £65.

It's cheaper, but you get much, much less. You can't do voice or voice over IP, no local applications, out of Orange coverage it's a doorstop.

Alan.

2. Morely Dotes

Hmmm, no wifi == no sale

Put Wifi in this unit so I don't have to pay a monthly fee on top of my ISP charges, and it's a winner. As it sits, however, it looks like more yuppie bling to me - mostly useless flash, intended to impress one's equally-shallow friends. I'm sure Paris Hilton will have one as soon as she can get it.

3. keithpeter Silver badge

Can I get text off it?

Any file storage locally, and can I get text files off the thing? Like a mini-alphasmart? That would be useful. Without wifi I can't see me using the Web bit much.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like