back to article Yahoo! engineer arrested in Indian terror swoop

A group of 15 alleged Islamist terrorists arrested in India yesterday included a trio of techies - one a principal engineer at Yahoo! Indian police alleged that the 15 were linked to recent bombing attacks in Ahmedabad and Surat, The Hindu reports. The paper described most of the men as criminals linked to a Pakistan-based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. A. Lewis
    Dead Vulture

Oh dear...

You broke one of the rules of Club Reg!

Any story about Yahoo! Must! Exclaim! Every! Word! In! The! Headline!

*shakes head sadly*

2. Paul Donnelly
    Pirate

Hacking....

Is very different to the term Phreaking, and again different to the term Cracking. I would be amazed if you could actually hack into an unsecured router. its unsecured, thats like being arrested for breaking and entering after walking through a sensor doorway that opened as you approached a building!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

WiFi

An unsecured 802.11b/g connection is just that. No Hacking or Cracking required. I Know, as I'm using one now!

4. Andrew Woodvine

Hacking into unsecured Wi-Fi

The hacking into unsecured Wi-Fi connections may have been taken from The Times of India, as they repeatedly refer to terrorists doing this. Their journalists write about terrorists and technology on a daily basis, but don't seem to know what they're talking about.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Hacking!

I was thinking the same. Does connecting to an unsecured Wi-Fi really denote hacking? Hell I use my neighbors to download all the time. His connection is quicker.

If it was secured and they hijacked it then thats different.

:wq

6. James
    Unhappy

@Andrew Woodvine

"Their journalists write about terrorists and technology on a daily basis, but don't seem to know what they're talking about."

If the code they produce is any indicator, they don't.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like