back to article Vodafone opens online library for mobile e-bookworms

If you’d like to lose yourself in an e-book, but don’t want the expense or inconvenience of a large Sony Reader or Amazon Kindle, then hopefully Vodafone's latest idea will keep you reading. Vodafone_BoM Vodafone's Books on Mobile service: download novels direct to your phone The network operator, together with digital …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Pickett (Jp)
    Happy

Ahead of its Time

This will be great when you can scroll out a foldable e-ink screen out the side of your mobile!

2. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

SmartPhone

I use my SmartPhone to do this already - either purchased eBooks or Word documents converted using the free Microsoft Reader plugin. It's just about acceptable - but the screen size is a definite limitation for any lengthy read.

3. Iain

£5-£15 a book?????!!!!!

That is all profit. What a rip-off! No-one who is intelligent enough to read will pay that much money. I, like many people I suspect, have been doing what Dr Patrick suggests. Try Project Gutenburg or Feedbooks

4. DennyL
    Thumb Down

Pathetic

The choice of books available at gospoken.com is pretty dire, and the prices are ridiculous. Why haven't they grasped that we expect electonic books to be CHEAPER than paper ones for a whole lot of practical reasons to do with printing and distribution, etc, quite apart for the fact that we can't press them enthusiastically onto a friend, or give them to Oxfam when we're done with them?

5. Psmiffy

Books in my phone

Its a little limited for now, but I find booksinmyphone.com quite useful and handy for this sort of thing.

Also, Mobipocket Reader has a version that runs on mobile devices, and syncs very nicely with the version on the PC

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like