back to article Sainsbury's launch console price war

If you’ve been saving up for an Xbox 360 or Wii then get yourself down to Sainsbury’s - the grocer’s lastest console offer is sure to make your life taste better. Despite Microsoft only recently cutting the cost of all Xbox 360 models, Sainsbury’s has reduced prices even further and will now sell the Arcade for just £100 ($177 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Iain

PS3s?

I don't suppose they've done anything about the PS3 price, have they? I'm not spending £300 on one, but it's the only current-gen console I don't already have.

2. Mark
    Stop

re: PS3s?

I doubt it. THe PS3 offers far more value for money than the other 2 units, which are now decidably last-gen in their offerings.

PS. If you are smart, you don't have to pay £300 for them, you can get them cheaper. Several places still clearing the 40GB models for £250ish, slap a big 320GB monster HDD in there, and bob's yer uncle...

3. randomtask
    Pirate

Forget Sainsburys...

...if you have a local PC World (who doesn't). They should give you 10% more off than sainsbury's prices as they won't be beaten on price, apparently.

4. Marco Alfarrobinha
    Gates Halo

re: Mark

Sainsbury is known as a quality retailer, why would they care about the PS3?

5. Iain

re: Mark

Well, obviously I disagree on which console offers the best value, or I wouldn't have already bought the other two at full price. But I do think HMV's current offer off £299.99 for the 80Gb model plus a free copy of GTA4 is rather better than your suggestion of £250 for the 40Gb, because even without the game I'd need to pay for both the hard drive and the DualShock3 on top. Oh well, I'll probably grab a US one next year then, as planned.

6. Mark Aggleton
    Black Helicopters

@Randomtask

PC World - 161 stores

Sainsburys - 504 Supermarkets and 319 convenience stores

I think most people are more likely to have a Sainsburys near them

7. Mark
    Gates Horns

@Marco Alfarrobinha

"Sainsbury is known as a quality retailer, why would they care about the PS3?"

Because PS3 is the only true this-gen system that offers quality. (Wii is last-gen, 360 is utter-tripe qualitywise).

8. Scott Mckenzie

@Mark

LOL!

What quality does it offer exactly? It's expensive (very) it has a newly launched TV system that takes so long to boot up you'll miss half the show, it uses bluetooth as a remote so anyone with a universal remote can't control it, has to install games to the HDD to work in many cases...

Based on all of those i'll take a combo of the other two "last gen" units at an overall cheaper price and have a much more rounded and useful system offering nigh on identical quality.

Do remind me, what's the overall worldwide sales of the PS3... and then those "last gen" ones?

P.S. you left your fanboy horse in the corner, he's hungry....

9. PIB
    Thumb Down

@ Scott McKenzie

"P.S. you left your fanboy horse in the corner, he's hungry...."

So says the xbot fanboy.

When will you all grow up?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like