back to article T-Mobile launches 3G broadband sharing station

T-Mobile is on a mission to get all laptop users familiar with 3G, and so has unveiled a docking station for its 3G mobile broadband dongle. Tmobile_3G_Hub_01 T-Mobile's Mobile Broadband Share Dock The Mobile Broadband Share Dock allows multiple users - although T-Mobile recommends no more than three of them at any one …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can do today

VigSys sell a similar device, the VD30, which can share a Huawei E220 modem, like 3 supply. I use this to share out my 3 connection, (when 3 manages to supply a connection).

2. Nipsirc
    Thumb Down

Yeah, right...

Having just experienced the awesome power of 3's 3G offering, sharing a connection like this would be like sharing a 56k modem. Fine if you're ssh'ing onto a terminal, piss-poor for anything else...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Beavis and Butthead

"You said 'purple headed dongle'."

Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh .

4. AJ
    Thumb Up

Useful If...

Would be useful when t-mobile increase the speed of 3G internet access so it can handle more than one user connecting to it at one time... Only with a speed increase will it compete with standard broadband internet!

5. Rich

not just tmob

This is also being offered by 3 soon.

6. Paul Smith
    Thumb Down

Crawler.

Can also be done using Draytek Vigor kit. I've tried it on '3' with about the results suggested by Nipsirc, above.

7. Andy Tyzack
    Stop

@Nipsirc

couldnt agree then you more, add to the fact that your connection gets dropped after 10 minutes surfing.

mines the cd with aol 9.0 on it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like