back to article 'We'll sell 10m PS3s inside one year,' says Sony

Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton has forecast that the firm will have sold 10m PlayStation 3s by the end of its current financial year. According to a Reuters, Tretton said yesterday that the firm’s “in good shape” and “about 30 per cent ahead of where we should be” in terms of global sales. The firm’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Gates Horns

They'll sell 100m

Of course they bloody will.

Sony have an inside tactit that you all are unaware of. They're being really kind this generation and are pretending that they arent doing as well as the 360. In fact they've already outsold the 360 and Wii combined!

Its the only solution this generation.

I get warm feelings thinking about the media capabilities of the console, i love using my new PVR on it to tape babestation and other things the missus doesnt know about. I'm playing so many games i forget which one i played last. Its great online and its free.

Everything else is rubbish. I am brilliant.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

100m?

I'd doubt the validity of your feeling and your facts. Firstly the wii has outsold both 360 and ps3. I think accurate sales figures are pretty hard to come by but if you take http://nexgenwars.com/ as a rough tally the ps3 has sold a little over half that of the 360 and a little under half of the wii's target. Still they sold there 10mill by that tallys judging so not bad sony. I'd work out those trust issues with the missus as well and babestations pap.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Certainly possible

PS3 is selling big time in our store at the moment. If I had to give a percentage I would say the PS3 is outselling the 360 3:1 and the Wii 1.5:1

I have to question the Microsoft press release, as talking to my collegues in Gamestation, it's a very similar story.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

re: 100m?

Don't worry about "Mark", he just posts his pathetic little posts pretending to be a PS3 lover, the reality is, whilst posting it, he his bashing a quick one off over his pile of failed 360's..

As for your comment "as a rough tally the ps3 has sold a little over half that of the 360" I think that's pretty inaccurate to. The last official global numbers showed PS3 at 15m and 360 at 19m, and that was way back in July (PS3 has matched or outsold the 360 is every region since then).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

re: 100m?

Worry about "Mark" because he posts sometimes anonymously and sometimes as Mark. Also sometimes as fat hairy idiot who has a vendetta against everyone else in the world. He's this generations grumpy old man who does indeed have a pile of failed 360's as well as a glorious tank full of Sony merchandise and PS3's that nobody else was going to buy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like