back to article Music and pics coming to next-gen Nintendo DS

Nintendo has developed a new, feature-laden DS handheld console, according to a Japanese newspaper. A report by Nikki Net stated that the latest model will sport an internal camera, music player and a larger screen. Improved wireless functionality was also mentioned. A reference was made to using the console’s camera to play …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Gates Horns

I WANT TO BE A PSP

AHAHAHAAAAAA Nintendo have finally realised what is missing!!! ALL THE THINGS THAT THE PSP HAS!!!

SONY FOREVER!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Grammar?

"the same day that Nokia’s Tube could be unveiled on."

Seriously.

3. Anonymous Scotsman

missed opportunity

And still no phone capability. Given the feature overlap, its a bit strange that they dont try and consolidate the digital leash-and-chew-toy market, nightmares of international telephone standards aside.

Still, I suppose its a blessing that there isnt, because the bad ole days of Nintendo dominance are not something worth repeating.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

Not named yet ?

Perfect ! Let's start some suggestions.

For example, the Poo.

Okay, okay, I'm out already !

5. Mark
    Gates Horns

woooo Music and Pics..

Hasn't the PSP been able to do this for 3 years. Next thing they will be telling us, is that the Wii is not able to play DVDs...

Sorry have I been timewarped back in 1990?

6. Trygve Henriksen

Let us hope...

That the 'improved wireless' includes WPA-encryption.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Playing games with the camera?

Haven't there already been some aborted attempts at handheld Augmented Reality gaming? Or is this going to be more "take a photo of your dog and load it into Nintendogs" playing games?

Well, if it is AR, lets hope it works as well as I'd hope!

8. Jodo Kast

The R4 is great

Already allows NDS owners to listen to 100s of megabytes of MP3s. And movies.

The camera? Not so much.

9. Dave
    Boffin

@Trygve

Agreed, i'm betting there's not many people who're on the ol' wireless out there now (at least people in the know about such things, from the point of view of war drivers these people are giving a free ride away, gawd bless 'em) who still use WEP and open encryption. i've got my SSID hidden and want to keep it that way, but still want to play the likes of Race Driver Grid et al with the world at large...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

@Mark

I like how fake Mark managed to easily predict once again what Mark was going to say.

Nothing changes in fanboy world.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

@ woooo Music and Pics

Wasnt there an article on how one of the companies are trying to do away with the CD and load their info onto SD Ram... just think how easy it would be to rip games then, like the good old days when 1 floppy went to everyone :-)

I'm all for it, 32Gb games on SD Ram, DRM enabled for 1 month until someone finds the hack or backdoor and hey presto, games for everyone, a new generation of piracy is born!

Mines Bill cause if your going to do it you have to learn from the best!

12. sabroni Silver badge

RE: I WANT TO BE A PSP

my son's psp doesn't have a camera on. And you could get a plug in camera for the original gameboy. So who's copying who again?

13. Scott Mckenzie

And what does the PSP want...

....correct to sell anything like the quantity of the DS manages, crikey i'm sure it'd be happy with 50% wouldn't it?

14. Pedantic Twat
    Coat

@grammar

I was going to complain about "the same day that Nokia’s Tube could be unveiled on" but thought that might be too pedantic. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it stuck out sore thumb like a.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like