back to article Our IT Crowd prize draw - we have a winner

We're delighted this afternoon to announce the winner of our Cash'n'Carrion The IT Crowd draw, who's secured a pair of tickets to view the filming of the show at Pinewood studios and, gasp, the chance to shmooze with the cast in the green room before the cameras roll. And the name of that lucky person is .... <drumroll> ... …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Sounds like a made up name

Sounds like a made up name to me.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Bucky Lastard

[see title]

3. Tim Spence
    Stop

Matthew Squirrell??

Matthew Squirrell? That's not a real name! Have one of The Reg team falsified a result, cause they wanted the tickets?!

I smell a rat! Well, a squirrel anyway.

4. Simon
    Joke

I call Photoshop

On that name, umm.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

....Matthew Squirrell

yep it's got to be a made up name. i look forward to bidding for the ticket on ebay

6. iamzippy
    Unhappy

WTF is Matthew Squirrell?

I googled...

register "Matthew Squirrell"

...(sic) ...and it returned this here article plus one other load of bollocks.

WTF?

7. Nic Brough

oh well

You lucky lucky b*****

<etc> They only hung me the right way up the other day </etc>

8. The Mighty Spang

shame the show is shite

series 1, episode 1. shortly in we have the woman picking up the phone pretending to talk to the boss, only for the techy say "would you like me to plug this in?"

a gag so old that alexander graham bell's assistant made it 0.3 seconds after the invention of the telephone. in a show called "the IT crowd" perhaps it could have been updated about 140 years to the 20th centurary if writing for the 21st was beyond him.

i turned off at that point. quite why people can put up with old shite like that yet get upset if anybody does a mother-in-law joke I just don't know.

9. cropchops
    Flame

Bloody laugh track

Can whoever has one lobby them to turn down their bloody laugh track, it spoils the whole thing

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@ The Mighty Spang

Prehaps it's funny to those who have had to inform people that they still need to plug stuff in for it to work even in the 21st century?

The technology improves, the idiots who use it sadly don't. The amount of people who come and tell us the printer is broken, just to find it says OUT OF PAPER in big letters on the screen and an empty paper tray, yet are suprised at when you 'fix' it by throwing in another ream.

11. Matt Squirrell
    Unhappy

You what?

I'm Matt Squirrell, one of two in the UK. I didn't win this competition. People have sent me messages congratulating me over the weekend. I am now sad.

12. This post has been deleted by its author

13. Kevin Sedgley
    Coat

That is NOT valid XML!

Sorry.

14. Michael Kilner
    Happy

....Matthew Squirrell

No, I'm Matthew Squirrell ... and so is my wife!!!

15. Paul C. Hartley
    Thumb Up

....Matthew Squirrell

No, I'm Sparticus... I mean Matthew Squirrell

16. Matt Squirrell
    Happy

Hah!

You wish you were!

This topic is closed for new posts.