back to article Carphone goes bargain hunting in Tiscali sell-off

Carphone Warehouse has made a renewed, lowball offer for Tiscali's UK operations of "less than £450m". The latest twist in Tiscali's lengthy attempt to offload its broadband customers pegs the value of its UK business much lower than the £600m its Italian owners targeted earlier in the auction, The Sunday Times reports. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

F2S

I'm wondering what this will mean for F2S customers (such as myself). I signed up when they were an independent outfit several years ago, and the service has only got better and better despite all odds. As far as I know they were never integrated into pipex or tiscali, which would explain a lot, but we shall see!

2. Craig Vaughton
    Alert

A Word of Warning

Should CW take over Tiscali, I hope the first "cost saving synergy" is CW axing the useless idiots who either belong to Tiscali or Pipex's accounts department!

Despite getting a MAC code and using it February, its taken until September to actually get them to confirm the account has been terminated, (depite multiple attempts, they send me another e-mail saying congratulations your new account is now live!) stop demanding money, offer, though not actually repay yet, the charges they shouldn't have taken from my account 2 months and 4 months after I left them (had to get my bank to issue a new switch card to stop this!).

Oh and as for data protection act, forget it. They were quite happy to talk to my wife about the account when they finally decided to contact me by phone, no security questions, no nothing. Of course this went down really well with someone who works in a call centre for a bank and strangly, things started getting done once she'd explained the error of their ways.

(I'm not saying which ISP I moved to, you'll all want to move & jam the exchange!)

3. Andy Livingstone

CPWH & Tiscali

You mean there are still some F2S customers left? I thought we all abandoned ship a loooong time ago.

Hopefully this sale will go through.

They really do deserve one another.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I bid 21p and and some pocket lint

Worst service evurrr!

5. Steve Browne
    Thumb Up

Why buy a bust ISP

Why not just offer a deal to their customers and take them?

6. Chika
    Coat

@AC bidding 21p

Are you really sure you want to buy? This is a company that has become such a pile of shite that it will take years and tons of dosh to sort it out!

7. Brian Whittle

If CW do take them over

I install internet for the technology challenged and I rate Talktalk pretty high these days , tiscali I rate down there with Sky so a take over by CW can only be good for tiscali customers

8. b166er

Ranked 4th?

and skint, something it rotten in the state of Denmark.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like