back to article Mozilla plans mobile Firefox, plus 'public resource' usage data

Mozilla's chief has set goals for the development of the open source project over the next two years, including the release of a mobile version of Firefox by 2010. A mobile version of Firefox would compete with versions of Opera and Internet Explorer and would adopt the same desktop feel as its desktop cousin - if the goal of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Solomon Grundy

Data Sales

Of course Mozilla wants to sell the user data. They never had a business model and now that Google is moving into browsers they won't need to help Mozilla out. Google has been the only provider of significant revenue for Mozilla for a long time. They have to do something to make money - and giving away your primary product never worked well for anyone.

2. An ominous cow herd

Mobile Firefox? Wow!

I've been using PortableFirefox, from PortableApps, for over two years... Wow...

3. Khyle Westmoreland
    Paris Hilton

@ Solomon

...surely Google gives away its primary product, and they're doing alright? :-P

Paris 'cos she likes to give her primary product away too

4. Steve Whittell
    Alert

Most Commented...?

Came to this item through the 'Most Commented" selection on the right of the site.

Guess there's a bug, as I'm only the second to add a comment...Hmmmm!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@An ominous cow herd

they mean for mobile phones you idiot!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

twit

This is about Firefox for mobile devices (like phones and that) not about the 'portable' version you silly man.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

GOODBYE Firefox.

Seriously.

I was very disturbed to see the Google Toolbar included on the last download, and making anything to do with my browsing history more public is not something I and most people who use Firefox want anything to do with.

Now the question is can they use the information that's already been submitted?! Probably (hopefully) not. What browser now?

8. Tezfair
    Thumb Up

so whats new exactly?

Been using Minimo for some time (although I prefer opera mini)

9. fred
    Happy

mobile Firefox

There is a mobile version of firefox compiled for GPE. It runs well on my iPAQ hx4700 with either Familiar or the later Angstrom release for it.

There: Another good reason to run Linux on your PDA :D

Availble from http://www.angstrom-distribution.org

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Khyle Westmoreland

Apperently you are unaware of Google's core product. Let me give you a hint, it's not search.

Google's core product is advertiseing, and no, they don't give it away for free.

Paris, cus her core product isn't search either.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like