back to article BenQ W500 projector

An entry-level 720p projector will give you a huge display that’s great for gaming and TV. BenQ’s W500 sits just above that price point and delivers some improvements in image quality. With all the hype surrounding Full HD you may scoff at 720p, but there’s a lot more to image quality than a massive pixel-count and the W500 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Mighty Spang
    Thumb Up

optoma hd-65

you can pick this up for about 420 quid, its 720p and DLP and brighter than this IIRC. I run mine off a philips hmdi upscaling dvd player (a whole 60 quid) and play onto a 120" screen (thats like just under 3m wide). fantastic picture.

2. Roger Garner
    Thumb Up

Excellent projector...

Got mine last Xmas after the TV packed up (was £300 more back then but still worth it at that price). One of my friends with the 48" plasma TV he bought 3 years ago for close to £3k is still green with envy... it makes his monster of a TV look tiny and for a fraction of the price.

Biggest problem is the natural light, I had to get proper blackout blinds in order to use the projector when the sun is out fully during the day.

When all is said and done, invite the friends over, get the popcorn going and watch films wall sized.

Or for any gamers considering one... have you ever tried a 4 player console game on one TV? Found yourself squinting at a quarter of a TV screen from the sofa? Get one of these and then a quarter of your wall is probably bigger than the entire TV screen it replaced ;)

Oh and the free Xbox it comes bundled with is the Arcade version for anyone wondering.

3. Matt

Well

You certainly win points for the jelly tots reference :-)

Price isn't bad but the Panasonic I've got is so much brighter that I think it's worth the extra cash.

4. Iain

LCD vs DLP

Does anyone know how this compares to the Optoma HD700X? That one is under £400 at Amazon, but it's DLP and I'm nervous about seeing wheel artifacts.

This topic is closed for new posts.