back to article Kodak launch world's first wireless OLED frame

Kodak has unveiled what it claims to be the world’s first digital wireless picture frame with an OLED display. Kodak_OLED_wireless_frame_02 Kodak's OLED wireless frame is a world's first Unimaginatively entitled the Kodak OLED Wireless Frame, the gadget sports a 7.6in screen with 16:9 aspect ratio, 800 x 480 resolution and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. It'sa Mea... Mario
    Alert

How frickin' much?

Jeeze.

2. James Pickett

Longevity

Kodak produced a camera with an OLED screen in 2003, but although the screen was well received (much better viewing angle than LCD, for instance) nobody else copied it, AFAIK, which leads me to wonder what the life is like. Not sure I'd want to spend £500 to find out...

3. David Gosnell

Stupid aspect ratio

At that price I would at least expect an aspect ratio to match the majority of photos - i.e. 4:3, or 3:2 at a pinch. Besides, with OLED they can't even claim the economies of scale argument normally used to justify that aspect ratio for conventional LCDs.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Waste of energy

So instead of a conventional picture sitting in a frame and consuming nothing, you have this eating electricity day and night? At least put a PIR sensor on it so it switches to standby when no-one's around!

5. Sam Tana
    Thumb Down

Resolution

Resolution is key on these frames, and 800 x 480 seems pretty woeful. And hasn't Kodak solved a problem that doesn't really exist? Memory is so cheap and small that getting lots of pictures onto a frame is easy, neat and inexpensive. If they were going to lose wires, the power cable is the one to eliminate. Rechargable frame, perchance? Oh, and it costs around four times what it should to be even remotely attractive. Other than that, a winner! Erm....

6. Matt
    Thumb Down

oh... like most photos are widescreen...

ffs... what the point is there producing a wide photo frame... especally with a resolution as poor as that!!!

I Made the mistake of getting a wide LCD photo frame (I just read the size, not aspect ratio when ordering)and no amount of cutting and trimming makes photos fit well... all my images are now displayed with nice black borders by the sides... yippie!

and £600 for the privillage?? er... no thanks!!! oh... and the thing looks crap too!

This topic is closed for new posts.