back to article BT watchdog joins BT

Sean Williams, a former senior Ofcom regulator who ran the process that created Openreach and stopped short of breaking BT's power over the telecoms industry, has been hired by, er, BT. The firm announced on Thursday that Williams had been made "Managing Director, Retail Strategy, with responsibility for BT Retail strategy and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

So...

Mr Williams is the person we can all send emails to about Phorm and BT's illegal wiretap activities then?

Paris.. because... well just because!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No chance of total separation then..

Great that screws the one thing that could revolutionise the infrastructure for comms in the UK - a TOTAL split of Openreach from BT. Just think they sort of revenue that openreach provides (steady recurring) is ideal for the vulture capitalists and then finally all SP's would have true equality of service rather than the 'equality' we have now

How many sp's can tell you the story of how one of their circuits was unplugged 'accidentally' so that service could be provided to a BTR customer...

3. Fihart

Blame Govt Cuts

A family member who is a (very) senior civil servant is being squeezed out of his career after earning approx 30% of the equivalent post in industry, on the expectation of job security.

Former colleagues have already jumped ship to the likes of Vodaphone who welcome their experience and contacts, doubtless to further protect that industry's ludicrous pricing and business practices.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

conflict of interest

Doesnt surprise me, everything in this Country is corrupted .

5. Sam

Re: Blame Govt Cunts

"A family member who is a (very) senior civil servant is being squeezed out of his career after earning approx 30% of the equivalent post in industry, on the expectation of job security."

Ever consider that's how much he was actually fucking worth?

"Those who can't, teach" may be a good analogy here?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF??

How do the shits at BT get away with charging you £5 to pay your bill?

By the acquiescence of sleeping-dog droids like this one, knowing that standing up to BT whilst being employed to do so is a mugs game, and a career-limiting one at that. It stinks.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC posted Friday 12th September 2008 17:15GMT

The shits at BT get away with charging you £5 to pay your bill, just like the shits at the Post Office, Virgin, Sky, Talk talk, Orange, O2 etc who also charge to pay your bill.

Most have two different price sets - one for the direct debit payers, the other for the non-direct debit payers.

Some just have one price set for everyone, and have a surcharge for non-direct debit.

Maybe get your facts right first?...

8. dervheid
    Coat

Un-be...

-fucking-leivable!

Fetch me coat.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

There is no Old Boy network

Sure there isn't. One has to wonder how much more shameless these unregulated regulators can get!

These are not normal people, they are all aliens

10. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@ No chance of total separation then..

Firstly they are not referred to as SP's but as Communication Providers (CP's).

I work on the Frame (MDF). If I get to jumper from Equipment block to Distribution Block, I couldn't give a fig who the CP is.

If I find a different working circuit on the mapped D-side, I still don't care who the CP is. I'll get a new D-side, or send the job back to be re-built.

We don't disconnect any customer willy-nilly

AC as I work or Openreach!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like