back to article Obama strumpet-sex scandal ruse spreads malware

False claims that presidential candidate Barack Obama is a sex tourist are being used to trick users into getting infected by malware. Prospective marks are encouraged to check out a video implausibly showing the married Democrat in action with a Ukrainian strumpet. Gullible folks who fall for the ruse are shown a bongo clip …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin
    Coat

hmmm

obama sin-laden?

Yes I have been waiting ages to use that...

2. Richard
    Joke

Monica == Reggie Perrin's mother-in-law

"Curiously, the Monica Lewinsky sex scandal never became the topic of a malware attack"

Presumably for the same reason as the non-existent Curry/Major sex tapes. Dare one say that no attractive women (-ish, or at least moreso than a hippo) were involved?

(Still shuddering)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Thank GOD...

it's not John McCain, OMG, I need a shower now even thinking that, I feel so dirty.

And ill...

4. ian

Exploit tagetting political conservatives?

An interesting idea. With a little research, I'm sure that it would be possible to target those with a given political orientation.

Would you be more or less likely to connect to a URL advertising negative information about your candidate?

Would you be more or less likely to connect to a URL advertising negative information about your candidate's opposition?

Political nastiness could reach a new level of... nastiness.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why is This News?

There's been six dozen variants on this in my spamcatcher for weeks.

My favorite is the one where he's boffing Cindy McCain.

6. Chris G

You have to be dim

Or even stupid to open any of these spurious news flashes. I get them all the time on MSN live and yahoo but both accounts automatically class these as spam. Even if they didn't, the same old thing applies, if you don't know the sender don't open it.

Frankly, anyone who is sad enough to want to see Obama getting his rocks off on screen deserves all they get.

7. Michael N. White

Republicans will do anything ...

to discredit their opposition.

8. Robert Grant

How do you show something implausibly?

Inquiring minds want to know!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

errr...

it has to beat getting rick rolled

10. Sceptical Bastard
    Coat

@ Richard

Oy, wash yer mouth out! Agreed that Monica was a bit of a dog but Edwina.... phwoar! Well, I would've...

Gawd knows what she saw in Major, who was a sort of Antichrist of Sex.

Anyway, as Chris G says above, anyone stupid enough to follow celeb-sex links deserves to have their bank account emptied.

Mine's the dirty mac with the stain at thigh level

11. kain preacher

Psssssssst

Has sex tapes of bill and Hillary. Just click here www.sucker.com

12. Jon Tocker

Chris G and Sceptical Bastard...

are quite right: anyone who gets caught by this deserves everything they get - which should also include their name, email address, telephone number and any images from their web cam being harvested and submitted to a "Top Internet Fucktards" site so we can identify these morons and amuse ourselves by emailing/calling them and saying "BWAhahahahahahaha, wot a fuckwit!"

Sadly, malware these days seems focussed largely on making the affected machine into a slave of the baddies so it actually is a bad thing for the rest of us when morons get themselves infected.

I yearn for the good old days when the malware actually deleted stuff off the hard-drive or fucked up the computer in some way (reformatted drives, flashed BIOS etc) - no skin off my nose if some dumb bunny loses their life's work because they wanted to watch Obama gettin' it on...

13. Les Matthew

@Sceptical Bastard

"with the stain at thigh level"

Ah, I see your account has been emptied then.

14. Neoc
    Happy

Funniest ones I saw...

..was a recent spate hitting my inbox with titles like "Britney Spears does not flash her underwear today".

Talk about truth in spamvertising. ^_^

15. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I misread that

as "erection-related campaign..."

Seems more fitting.

16. Shakje

Re: You have to be dim

MSN Live blocked something?

17. Saucerhead Tharpe
    Coat

One Tory commented

That when he saw Edwina Currie brandishing a pair of handcuffs at a Party Conference

"He felt a batsqueak of desire"

Her politics may be detestable but she had a certain something I suppose

18. Sandra Greer
    Dead Vulture

That's what happens when Focus on the Family

loses focus. I hope lots of pious asshats and goony hockey players clicked on it. Goes without saying, they use Windows, too.

Bird barf. I can't believe they are allowed to vote.

19. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

So

So these guys deserve a medal or two as all the dumb insular stupid rednecks fall for that one hook line and sinker , as these self effacing idiot get what they deserve and deserve what they get , let these fools get burned .

As a certain socialite would say "Ha! Ha! , got you again fool !"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like