back to article Aaaagh, there's a thumb in my USB port!

Next time you see a thumb poking out from a PC’s USB port think twice before calling an ambulance, because it’s more likely to be quirky online vendor Brando’s idea of a joke. thumb_01 Brando's USB Thumb Flash Drive thumb_02 "I'm gunna ask you ten questions..." The retailer’s taken the phase “thumb drive” a little too …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b
    Joke

variants?!

what about a cock one?!

imagine seeing a cock sticking out of your laptop?!

ehehe, sorry, i'll go back to my work ^^

2. Sureo
    Joke

@variants

Or perhaps a cockRoach?

3. Simon
    Thumb Up

Which one...

... is the fake thumb cos the one that ISNT stuck into the laptop looks in pretty bad shape. Is that Tippex™ on the nail???? Get some hand cream dude, gets rid of the dry, red sore skin... What? Don't worry we wont call you a sissy...

Thumbs up cos... well... it fits!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I remember when those fake fingers sticking out of car bootlids were funny

oh, wait, no, they weren't either

5. DaveTheBrave
    IT Angle

DIY!

Do it yourself! Use your thumb or any other appendage you like. http://www.instructables.com/id/Real-Thumb-Drives!/

6. Scott Harman
    Dead Vulture

various digits?

Looking at indestructables.com - there are lots of instructions there

was considering making the full suite :D

but then I found the mouse mouse - taxidermy and diy in one!

7. Pete Silver badge

how about a mouse?

For the ultimate in covert storage, how about a thumb drive built into a USB mouse.

'corse if you're looking for geeky, then integrate the storage into a pool of green slime that leaks out of the USB port.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome!

Haha what a great device!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Doubles up as...

an alternative to swipe over the fingerprint scanner on your laptop

10. Dillon Pyron
    Pirate

re: I remember ...

And I remember when a dude got pulled over because one of those fake arms was hanging out of his trunk (this was in the US). Held at gun point in his car for about an hour with dozens of cops all around him until someone finally popped the lid (they could have, for instance, asked him to open it, or give them the keys, but noooooo). The Authorities were not amused. I think he got ticketed for some piddly assed $50 fine sort of thing and Austin sued him, but after that it lost its "newsworthiness".

And a thank you to DtheB for the link. Pretty neat stuff, there.

11. Simpson

@simon

e?

"Get some hand cream dude", "Don't worry we wont call you a sissy..."

Maybe you could recommend your manicurist to him? Good thing his watch and shoes weren't in the picture too.

Thumb drive makes me think of the old reese's peanut butter cup commercials. "Dude, you got your usb in my thumb", "no, you got your thumb in my usb".

12. Natalie Gritpants
    Paris Hilton

Any prints on it

Might be handy as a backup in case identity thieves steal you own.

Paris is used to thumbs in odd places.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Simon

If you click the link to the site you'll see that the real hand in the picture has been hilariously made-up to you like it's been involved in severing the USB 'thumb'. Not sure what the tipp-ex is all about though but if I meet someone wearing it on their fingernails I'll keep my hands at a safe distance I think.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Gift box

I hope it comes in a little gift box with the thumb poking out... would be great to post to my, friends.

This topic is closed for new posts.