back to article Sony intros dual-drive HDD, SDD 18in hi-def notebook

Sony has introduced a quartet of PCs - three all-in-one desktops and a desktop-replacement notebook - pitched at punters after a Blu-ray Disc system. All three sport Nvidia GeForce 9 series graphics chips that drive big displays designed for Blu-ray playback. Top-end models come with BD burners, the rest have BD play/DVD burn …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Antony Smith
    Jobs Horns

Really nice looking tele's.....

Shame they all run windows.

It's kit like this that makes me wish OS X could be licensed for other kit.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Keyboard

Does anyone else think Sony + Apple are using the same company to design/build their keyboards all of a sudden???

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Linux

Where's the market?

The integrated-in-the-telly jobs look nice, but it does rather scupper upgrading so you're out a rather pricey monitor when the PC gets a bit long in the tooth (i.e. when the next Redmond bloatfest turns up).

Of course, Apple have been doing this sort of thing for years, but I can't see the sort of people who buy Macs becoming sudden PC converts and they would appear to be the target market for these products.

Of course, if they ship 'em with no O/S along with Linux drivers for all the components as both source and compiled for the major distros.............Fat f***ing chance of that though given Sony's vested interest in HDCP and BD DRM.

4. John

Sony and Apple

Have collaborated for a long time.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Fuck me, that's an ugly iMac clone

this is precisely why Apple is known as the Sony of the computing world. Unlike Sony.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@keyboard

Er, they do. And have done for some time.

Asus makes both Sony and Apple products...

7. Alex Gollner

Won't look so cool with stuff plugged into it

Imagine the desktop with USB, iLink and other cables plugged in. The connections panels should be swing-able around the back.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Oh, sh*t...

...here I've just got sick of lugging my 17" Toshiba through myriad airports, ready to downsize, and this damned son of a bitch shows up and tempts me. I wonder if it would even be physically possible to use it in a coach seat... Even -this- thing looks like a 52" TV when you crack it open in 32A.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like