back to article Facebook - The Movie! Exclusive storyboard peek

The recent shock news that Sony had commissioned West Wing creator Aaron Sorkin to knock together a screenplay about how Facebook redefined just about every paradigm open to redefinition was greeted with a mixture of horror, disbelief and out-and-out jaw-dropping incredulity among Reg readers. Well, we've pulled off a bit of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dominic Kua
    Thumb Up

I'd watch it.

That ending would be worth it imo.

Ah a smile for a friday :)

2. Dave Pyett

Friday

Gotta love Fridays @ El Reg!

3. MikeC
    Heart

Amazing

I will be sorely disappointed if the film does not resemble this story board! The ending is astounding!

Must be a Friday!

4. Ash
    Thumb Up

The only person on the edge of their seat...

... Seems to be Zuckerberg, from the story board.

Nice job.

5. Simon Painter
    Thumb Up

I want one of those...

I want a giant james bond killbot.

6. Steve
    Thumb Up

Astounding - A tour de force

***** - The currant bun

7. Thomas

And we all know what happens next....

FACEBOOK: THE COMPUTER GAME

Essentially a shoddily executed platform game developed in the space of 3 weeks.

8. Mark Lockwood
    Thumb Up

This is possibly

... the only entertaining thing to ever have had the word "Facebook" in the title.

9. Dalek13
    Thumb Up

Definate Blockbuster

Bet it makes over 3.5 Linden Dollars in it's first weekend alone!!

And I loved the dual scene 3s rather than the usual scene 3/4. Nice bit of parallel plot development that.

10. Skizz

Where's the...

...hot eye-candy most Hollywood action films have? Oh, yeah, right, it's about software programmers. No one would ever believe it. Unless it was "FaceSwordBookFish" the movie.

Skizz

11. Neil

I was expecting more

Poking, vampires, and poker.

12. Rob
    Go

TFIRF

Thank F*** it's Reg Friday

13. Alastair Smith
    Heart

Yay!

The Playmobil's back! It's been too long...

I'm lovin' the endin'.

14. Jared Earle
    Happy

FAKE!!!

It's an Aaron Sorkin film, so where's the walking and talking? The Gilbert and Sullivan references? Where's the strong female lead? Joshua Malina?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thank the gods for improvements in technology...

The storyboard does not promise as much action as I would expect from an epic of this kind. On the other hand, at least we are not exposed to the wooden acting talents of the current Hollywood set.

All you need now is a catchy tag for the filming process (like Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's "Supermarionation"). How about "Plastination"?

16. Wortel
    Thumb Up

Friday!

Thanks guys, good work :)

17. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Mmmmm, forbidden website

You can get sacked at the company I work for just for using the search term "facebook" in a search or for accidentally viewing a webpage that tries to load content from the facebook.com domain. As this site frightens them so much it's controversy level is through the roof so i'd organise a group mutiny and group sickie to go see this at the cinema - however, I fear that as the movie starts, an iPrison logo would come up saying that the content was banned!

18. W
    Go

I bet...

...that just like every other film that has a "computers scene" there'll be suspiciously little use mouse.

And some dodgy 'zooming in' graphics with a green box & crosshairs, and accompanied by a slide-y high pitched 'science' noise as a screenwipe zoom occurs, followed by the pixelated view re-rendering to reveal the high res close-up.

And a mention of "getting in through the back door portal".

_the drama_

</computers_in_films_cynicism>

19. Brian

genius

WOOOOOOOOOOO Love the ending!!! :D

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

thank you

That just saved me $10 plus snack costs.

21. Andrew Moore

Don LaFontaine...

Come back, we need you NOW!!!

"In a world..."

22. SouthernBelle
    Gates Horns

But where's...

The nauseating, err, touching side story of family reunion and brain implants?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/01/gates_zuckerberg_friendship_cure/

23. Nev
    Unhappy

No Spoiler Alert!

I've not had a film ruined like this since someone revealed the plot twist in "The Crying Game".

24. Tim
    Thumb Up

Ooooh...

... El reg surely needs to set up a movie production company. At last, Blighty has its own movie industry.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like