back to article VMware R&D chief goes home again

After only nine months on the job, VMware's head of research and development is packing his bags and returning to Oracle. Richard Sarwal resigned his post effective immediately in order to resume his life at Oracle, where he spent almost two decades. Sarwal was plucked from the database outfit by VMWare's former-CEO, Diane …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

It does seem as if

Oracle could use the help been floundering a bit of late. I don't suppose he could hurt them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brain drain on overdrive

The VMware brain drain/mass exodus continues while Microsoft, Citrix, Xen, Red Hat, Oracle are closing the gap quickly. Sell folks. Sell.

3. Solomon Grundy

Microsoft

Let's face it guys. No matter the technical excellence of newcomers to the IT field, they've still got to deal with MS. I know all the anti-MS arguments - and in lots of cases I agree with them, but being a successful company and being able to provide support, updates, technical info, partner/channel support, etc... for the long run isn't easy. It takes a stable 'MegaCorp' to pull off professional business activities and so far OSS and the quick acquisitions can't seem to do it.

Best of luck to them though.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

So the stock options didn't work out, eh?

That's what happens when the stock price drops and stock option backdating is no longer permitted by the SEC.

Mine's the striped NYSE trading floor vest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like