back to article Microsoft and Immersion settle settlement settlement

Microsoft and the force-feedback technology firm, Immersion, appear to have come to final terms after six years of suing each other. In the end, Immersion has agreed to pay $21m to settle its legal dispute with Redmond, and will join Microsoft's Certified Partner Program. By our count, today's settlement settles a settlement …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Attempted BoFHerry?

<i> ... agreed to conclude their patent litigation at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ... </i>

Euphemisms, euphemisms ...

2. mike panero

I did a lawyer once

He stank of BO talked all night, and then his cock failed to go off

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So Microsoft won then

And in a big way considering they were only going to get a cut of the sony settlement looks like they got nearly all of it, the rest would be legal fees at least. My guess, one of the lawyers considerably stuffed up.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

what morons

they get licensing fees from Microsoft for patented material, ok. Now what is up with letting Microsoft get a kickback from what licensing fees they get from Sony? First of all, that should be privileged information and none of Microsoft's business. But why would Microsoft want this? Here's why, because Microsoft wants to know how many PS3's and PS2's Sony is selling. Again, this should be privileged information and any licensing deal with Sony should include this just like I'm sure Microsoft required.

So once again, a company thinks they can go along with a Microsoft contract and walk away feeling any kind of success. they blew it by letting Microsoft walk all over them and now they are a hand tied Microsoft Certified Partner. I'm sure that lets them do all kinds of things. Not!

morons

5. Is It Me...?
    Paris Hilton

So, who's buying the next round...?

...The lawyers, as the post above correctly identifies, are the only real winners. Again.

And any further costs moved onto the consumer. What's new?

Paris. Well i just haven't sen her stupid mug for a while.

6. James Anderson
    Happy

Worrying!

Microsoft's lawers are usually amusingly incompetent at best and godawful cringemaking embarasingly bad if anything actually gets to court.

There is a level of competance in Microsofts handling of this case, they have troused pretty much the entire settlement from Sony and in exchange poor old Immersion gets to join Microsofts "Partner Program". Pretty much the modern equivalent of razing your city and selling your women into slavery.

What if MS demonstated a similar legal accumen in thier next anti-trust case? They might convince a Judge that yes Bill Gates did write the Linux kernal in his spare time but mislaid the diskette under a sack of dollars, or, core parts of the GCC compiler were written while R.M. Stallman was working for Microsoft. Sacry!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remember Bill is a law school drop out

As much as Bill likes to brand himself as a geek, he's a law school drop out and comes from a family stuffed to the gunwales with lawyers.

Not suprising then that MSFT is more about lawyering than technology.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like