back to article Nokia 6210 Navigator phone

The upgraded successor to last year’s 6110 Navigator, the 6210 is a tidy slider-design handset, bearing more than a passing resemblance in looks and specs to the recently-launched 6220 Classic. It’s another of Nokia’s S60 3.2 smartphones, packing in much of the functionality and applications found on Nokia’s higher-end N …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell
    Coat

Damn

I had a 6210 for years, and never worked out how to enable the colour screen, GPS, 3G, camera etc. I might have kept it if I knew it could do all that!

2. Dave Driver

Re-using model numbers?

Have Nokia made more than 10000 numeric phone models now and having to start again? There is already a 6210 - it was a fine phone, no-nonsense business phone.

When are they going to remake the 2110?

3. kns2c
    Thumb Down

Trialware

"Nokia includes a six-month licence for its Drive and Walk step-by-step navigation package"

What happens after six months? Does it just stop updating the maps or does it stop working at all and requires to pay to extend the subscription? The sad thing is that it's very likely that such bait&switch phones will eventually push the cheap dedicated satnav devices out of the market. Same thing that happened with PDAs - why would you need one if your phone does everything? Except that you have to pay subscription fees for the privilege to squint at the small screen.

4. Martin
    Unhappy

@Trialware

I agree.

I have a 6110 Navigator, which includes (the use of, not updates) maps and full navigation for life. Why on earth would I want to 'upgrade' to the 6210 when the nav functions only last for 6 months?

I bought the phone specifically for the satnav, as I dont use it anywhere near enough (probably 10 times in the last year) to justify purchasing/carrying a dedicated satnav device. Nokia's offerings become a whole lot less attractive if the nav expires after a period; and anyway, with this government's attitude to roads its hardly as though map updates are essential to keep the nav up to date with the thousands of miles of new motorways opened every year, is it? ;-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like