back to article Linux 4.9 has 'issues that just shouldn't be issues'. Or might not

Linux overlord Linus Torvalds is both worried and chilled about the progress of Linux 4.9. Or maybe he isn't: his weekly message about the latest release candidate has a bet each way. “We're getting further in the rc series, and while things have stayed pretty calm, I'm not sure if we're quite there yet,” he posted to the …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Thumb Up

This is good

When a lead developer is seemingly prevaricating it suggests they are not overly committed in either sense but able to weigh up pros and cons as they appear.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    WTF?

What, no swearing ?

No hearty blast of heated words culminating in a drop-kick judgement ?

Well then things are entirely fine. Move along.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Linus Lite

For the unedited version of his update....

"Bastard developers who don't understand shit about my code should be burnt. What the fuck were they thinking when they made changes to the network code?! Are these clowns trying to kill everything in the world or just piss me off. I'm going to hunt you down and....."

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Linus Lite

That comes five minutes after the release when they find the first bug.

4. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Obligatory

In a superposition of worried and not worried? So this release will be "Schrödinger's Penguin".

1. MrZoolook

Re: Obligatory

Only way to find out, OpenBox!

5. cream wobbly

Vote WORRY

Torvalds should know nobody tests anything.

1. Aladdin Sane
      Mushroom

Re: Vote WORRY

Worked fine in Dev, Ops problem now...

2. benderama

Re: Vote WORRY

That's what production is for

6. Brian Miller

Reading tea leaves, are we?

Reading a post to find out if the software is good is like reading tea leaves to find out your future. It doesn't matter if you're reading them in the bottom of a cup, or using OCR on leaves on the plant. Neither will give you a good indication of what's happening with reality.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like