back to article Breakup with Sadville lion ends in kidnap plot, duct-taped dog

In Sadville, they were close. But in our world, the relationship quickly took a turn for the worse. He dumped her. She walked into his office with a gun and tried to kidnap him. And when that failed, she broke into his apartment with handcuffs, some duct tape, a taser, a BB gun, and a dog named Gogi, shining some sort of "laser …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Deformed monster hand?

Is it just me, or does the fake cop in the picture have some kind of weird hand issue? Maybe he had his laser-sighted taser grafted onto his arm?

Alien, because, well, look!

2. Jeff

The cop must be

Hellboy's smaller, paler cousin.

3. Mark York
    Paris Hilton

Sounds Familier

"When the police arrived, they found not only a taser, but a pair of handcuffs, a roll of duct tape, and a BB gun. And her dog was in the bathroom, duct tape around his jaw. Apparently, Gogi made a bit too much noise during the break-in."

Sounds like normal behaviour for women from North Carolina.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/08/mckinney_confusion/

PH just because.

4. Tony

This looks like a job for...

...Officer Beadle

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Alert

Another piccy comment.

The rentacop also appears to have dropped a rather nasty one, judging by the noxious vapours swirling around his nether regions.

6. Eugene Goodrich
    Unhappy

Sadville needs...

... some sort of sanity vetting process.

I would refuse to talk to people virtually who had not checked the "won't try to kidnap you if you hurt my feelings" checkbox in their profile bits. It used to be all fun and games to do so, but those days are passed.

7. Andy Worth

Exactly why I left that sort of thing.......

I used to be into MMORPG's and even played around in Sadville for a while, but people taking it all too seriously took away all of the fun, and in cases made it actually quite scary.

As for a sanity vetting process, well the sane people generally have enough of a life to spend quite little (or no) time in virtual worlds. So if you happen to find the same person online, no matter when you sign in, the chances are that they are probably crazy.

8. Andy H

@Eugene

If you only allowed sane people into Sadville it would be empty.

9. Alex
    Heart

@TeeCee

...and there goes my coffee over the screen! Cheers Ears!!

LOL!!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Loonies have always been with us

The loonies have always been with us, but now with communication technology at everyone's disposal, the loonies have a new avenue in which to display their shortage of picnic sandwiches! I too used to play a few online games and social places, but stopped about 2-3 years back when it fairly apparent the loonies where signing up with their local ISPs. I know a few people who are signed up with social sites for TV shows and such like and it's just accepted that for every 20-30 good people, there is always one nutter who tries their hardest to constantly seek attention any way possible.

Given the right circumstances and triggers, we can all seem pretty odd to others, but some people are sitting on hairline triggers and life's too short to get involved with the nutter who used to stand on the corner and shout nonsense, as they have now gone back indoors and found a much bigger audience who will listen to them.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Some people

would pay good money to have a night in with a woman, involving "a taser, but a pair of handcuffs, a roll of duct tape, and a BB gun" A dog with it's jaws taped shut probably costs extra.

Paris, as it sounds like the sort of night she'd provide.

12. David Stever
    Coat

...it's all Fun & Games

Until someone tasers out an eye.

This sounds like some sort of crappy sequel to A FISH CALLED WANDA or I LOVE YOU TO DEATH. If it was the former, it would further involve the dog dying gruesomely, if it was the latter, it would involve pizza and Tracey Ullman. I'd be squirming uncomfortably either way. Seems like either way, Kevin Kline is playing the poor bastard being lased, tased, and tied up.

I'm putting my coat on as I leave the theater, looking for the last of the jujubes in my pocket.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

"masqueraded as a lion while dodging flying penises"

ah, such simple pleasures of which mere mortals tied to this world of flesh and blood are unable to partake...

14. Mike Crawshaw
    Paris Hilton

MMORPG Loons

Every so often (usually when the gf is insisting on watching Sex and the City, *shudder*) I play Guild Wars. The talkiness I see is just too weird for words, even though it's filtered worse than Disney.

It puts me off ever playing a subscription-based MMORPG, as, regardless of the fact that I wouldn't play often enough to make it worth the money in terms of time, the concept of playing a game where I have to interact with people whose idea of conversation is "look @ teh KITTEH!!!!" is just too scary for me.

Paris would be more interesting to play with...

15. David Haig
    Coat

Another McKinney moment....

Please tell me its the same lady who fired up my youth with the Mormon kidnap story and was last heard cloning dogs in Korea .... that pic of her on the bed rivaled my Dennis Harry poster and that Athena bird on the tennis court ...

Sorry, the coat wins over Paris.....

16. Tony

@Mike Crawshaw

look @ teh KITTEH!!!!111111

17. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Id they lock her up here...

...does her avatar have to sit in a virtual cell in SadVille? She could log on each day to stare at the featureless virtual walls.

This topic is closed for new posts.