back to article Make phishing great again: Hackers prod US think tanks, NGOs amid Trump win shockwaves

With half of America celebrating the victory of the Republicans and President-elect Trump, and the other half mourning the result, a targeted phishing campaign engulfed various US think tanks and NGOs the week. Security firm Volexity spotted the attack, which began around six hours after the President-elect clinched the …

1. Ole Juul

Making El Reg great again

I couldn't help but notice that The Register story titles all contain "make great again". Has my favourite online IT news site been hacked?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Making El Reg great again

We can all look forward to a future where every negative story is made to have some kind of connection with Trump, no matter how tenuous. Perhaps it makes the stories more relevant?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

MAKE STORY SUBTITLES GREAT AGAIN, FFS!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

For people who claim that the US has gone PC crazy and people need to develop a thicker thin, conservatives sure are thin skinned about any perceived slight in the media.

2. Alistair
    Coat

ElReg

Is trying to Trump Up the News.

Sadly, don't have appropriate slant on ! to make that

Trump! Up! The! News!

I suppose I have t' Obama self a new font.

/ducks and runs, not waiting for coat.

1. frank ly

Re: ElReg

I read that as "Obama serif, a new font".

3. Olius

Can El Reg show us the different spams and give each one scores?

Then we can play...

...sorry...

...Spam Top Trumps!

4. mhenriday
    Boffin

Bien sûr !

«Volexity said that it believes the messages were sent by the APT29 hacking crew, which is thought to be run by, or in close conjunction with, Russian state-sponsored hackers.» But of course - everybody knows that the Russkies are responsible for all the evil in this world - unless, that is, those dastardly Chinese get there first !...

Henri

5. Florida1920
    Terminator

Grabbing hackers by the crotch

Trump will build a wall around the hackers and make the Russians pay for it.

1. Alistair
      Coat

Re: Grabbing hackers by the crotch

nononononono.....

Trump will build a wall around the crotch and put all the muslims in it and make CHINA pay for it, THEN ask the Russkis to hack it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like