back to article Vodafone UK hails results of Massive MIMO trial with TD-LTE

Massive MIMO is an increasingly important element of operators’ plans for LTE-Advanced Pro and for 5G, despite a lack of devices and mass market chipsets on the near horizon. But the tests are piling up, many of them in China, Japan and Korea – but Vodafone UK is claiming the first in Europe in the 2.6 GHz TDD band. The …

1. djstardust

Really .....

A 2G signal where Edge actually carries data would be nice (even though your signal tracker shows 4G both inside and outside)

Try concentrating on your out of City networks for a change. Thank you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Really .....

Any networks.

I will believe in anything Vodafone claims on the day when I see more than 500B/s (that is bits, not bytes anywhere in the Duxford/Baldock/Foxton triangle (including Royston).

Actually, 500B/s is an overestimate - usually you get 0 as there is no coverage (even with an external antenna).

2. phuzz Silver badge
    Meh

I still only use 2G 99% of the time. It's more reliable, uses less battery, and there's almost always a wifi signal around if you need connectivity.

Still, I assume Vodafone are betting on "5G!!!!111!!!" selling more contracts than "you can actually get more than one bar of signal outside of towns".

3. Adrian 4

Why do we have to have a new 'G' every 3-5 years ? Can't they spend a bit longer on development and avoid rolling out all these intermediates ? I know it sells phones but that doesn't pay infrastructure costs.

4. SVV

Stop boasting Vodafone

Although your mobile internet serviice works well here, you've not been able to make a payment website that runs on either firefox or IE for the versions I use for over 6 months.

Get the basics right first if you want to try and impress me.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fishy...

Finding Mimo?

(sorry)

1. sniperpaddy

Re: Fishy...

Customers are friends, not food.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like