back to article How could things get worse for Samsung? Glad you asked

Police in South Korea have raided the corporate offices of Samsung in connection with a high-profile government corruption probe. The Korea Times reports that police conducted the search on Tuesday at Samsung's headquarters on the suspicion that executives at the company were involved with illegal payments to foundations run …

1. a_yank_lurker

Exploding Washing Machines

What else do they make that explodes?

1. Danny 14

Re: Exploding Washing Machines

Up until 2014 samsung made LOADS of things that explode through their weapons manufacturing samsung techwin arm. They sold that division to Hanwha though.

2. Fungus Bob

Re: Exploding Washing Machines

"What else do they make that explodes?"

PR...

2. elDog

Gratuitously,

And who was it that said that the NORKs were not capable of superb espionage?

Even if they can't get a bitty missile with a fissionable warhead into some reasonable parabolic arc, they are still capable of using their proven Sony-exploit techniques to explode western devil's handsets in mid-flight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Entertainment_hack

Personally, I think the current Sonn of Sun of Kim of Jung of Il is just jollying around, All he wants is some high-class cognac and pretty pictures.

3. Alistair
    Windows

Need to tidy up the labelling here

Soon-Sil is the close associate of Guen-Hye.

Soon-Sil's father was the spooky-nutbar-mystic head of a magical cult.

Guen-Hye at one time considered *him* a mentor. <It was how the two ladies met>

All that aside, sitting as far out from this as I have been, I rather suspect that someone in middlemanagement of South Korea has decided that it is time for the Park reign to come to an end.

1. sniperpaddy

Re: Need to tidy up the labelling here

Changing his name to Soon-Gon

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When a single company is 17% of a country's GDP

Lots of incestuous connections between that company and government should not be a surprise to anyone. What is a surprise is that someone is actually policing it.

5. Denarius
    Trollface

maybe they can get green cards ?

Migrate to help new merkin adminstration ? Have just the right touch if the OMG commentards can be believed. Oh, wait...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dear Samsung thanks for...

...Making time-starved consumers play the Samsung TV-Panel-Lottery game...

...Killing off basic non-Smart TV's in favor of Ad-slinging / info-slurping users...

Karma is a bitch...

7. Tom Paine

Pet peeve

"looking to".

Ugh. Please. No.

8. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Joke

another massive recall for 3 million washing machines

Have they been banned from passenger flights in the US too?

1. mics39

Re: another massive recall for 3 million washing machines

I tried to take one with me on flight to Seoul for factory repair but no, not even Korean Air allowed me carry it aboard. :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like