back to article Barracuda: Outage caused by 'large number of inbound connections'

Outage-hit security firm Barracuda appears to have been struck down by a DDoS – though the firm says it's still investigating and refuses to confirm or deny it. This morning the company's status page said in an update posted at 0044 GMT: "Barracuda Networks is still continuing to see a large number of inbound connections from …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Someone has a cannon and is playing with it, thats at least 123-reg, bet365, william hill and barracuda this week.

2. Dwarf
    Joke

Alternately, their sales people have been soooo busy, its just a capacity management issue with all those new paying customers falling over each other to use the service and perhaps it caught them unaware.

3. Brian Miller
    Joke

Carrier pigeons...

But, it's RFC 1149, and RFC 2549!!

Oh, it's Barracuda that's using those...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I haven't lost it...

... I just can't find it...

5. Sir Sham Cad

We haven't been DDOSed

Because we sell kit that's supposed to stop DDOS attacks so it must have been something else, obviously, nothing to see here, these aren't the useless boxen you're looking for, move along.

6. Captain DaFt

Per your bootnote:

"No, carrier pigeons are not an acceptable method of choice."

And they pooh-poohed me when I said they'd rue the day the shutdown the heliograph towers!

7. Mike Shepherd
    Meh

"refuses to say the word DDoS"

It's an ill-considered word. I refuse to use it, too.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like