back to article Acer US prunes Aspire One mini laptop prices

Acer has cut the price of the Aspire One, making its Small, Cheap Computer even cheaper. In the US, at any rate. Stateside, the AA1 with an 8GB SSD, 512MB of memory and Linux pre-loaded will now cost $329 (£175/€221), down from $379 (£202/€255). The AA1 with a 120GB HDD, 1GB of DDR 2 and Windows XP is now priced at $349 (£186 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Kay

Winner!

Providing they reduce the battery cost to something sane too..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Aaaargh

must noooot buy, sparkly little laptop, must noooot... buy. Help me some one!

Paris cos she has a little lap for a little laptop.

Efros

3. Da Andersson

Nice one

I saw these laptoys today at the local supermarket here in Dubai ( Carrefour ).

They have the price of 1499 DirHams ( DHm ) about £200 I think.

I already have a couple of eeePC's but the ACER looks better and also seem to havea slightly better display.

Still nice tho'

//Dan

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ASUS lucky to get bronze.

Upmarket (price wise at least) "tat bazaar" feebay has a lowest 'buy it now' price of $350.

Original 'micro screen' eeepcs are selling for $300.

Will you still get a $99 cash back from ACER to make this EVEN cheaper? Are you listening ASUS and do you even care?

5. Martin Lyne

Hmm

Price War you say? Lovely, lovely.. *rubs hands*

6. Alan Firminger

Faulty goods

I got one today. My prime purpose is to learn about Gnu Linux , this is the first lesson.

The keyboard driver is configured incorrectly.

Five characters appear from the wrong keys : \ from # , # from £ and Euro from Alt Gr 5 ; @ and " are swapped.

Six characters ar marked and don't appear at all : £ & * ( ) and the broken | .

So far I can find no easy way to rectify this, there is no directly accessible keyboard nationality setting.

7. Daniel Palmer

@Faulty Goods

That will be a keymap setting. In any case, if you want to "Learn about linuks!" you should install a normal distribution anyway. Any i386 distro will run. The keyboard worked correctly out of the box with Debian here,.. which is rare with laptop keyboards.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like