back to article iPhone toolkit goes graphical

The iPhone-dev team has announced the availability of the latest tools for the iPhone, allowing even the most technically illiterate iUser to install unapproved applications. The tools and techniques have been around for a while, but are now all bundled together into an easy-to-use package for Windows - a Mac version is under …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cthonus
    Linux

Inside out

The annoying thing is if I did jailbreak my iPhone I'd have the ability to ssh into it and find out more about why it's been crashing regularly.

Without that, I'm at the mercy of Apple's whimsical 'bug fix' release dates.

2. Dan
    Unhappy

Flash

If Apple would just provide flash plugin for safari, I probably wouldn't even read articles like this...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

yawn

"If Apple would just provide flash plugin for safari, I probably wouldn't even read articles like this..."

Or leave tedious comments on them?

4. evilbobthebob
    Jobs Horns

Mac version 'under development'?

Surely Apple would want this released for their OS /first/, however many people run Windows...meh, more fool them.

5. Richard Cartledge
    Alien

No flash

"If Apple would just provide flash plugin for safari, I probably wouldn't even read articles like this.." - Flash is an Adobe product. Apple can no more release it for the iPhone than they will Adobe Indesign. I doubt flash would work on the iPhone any time soon due to it's grossly inefficient use of CPU on Apple platforms.

6. Si Lo
    Thumb Down

Whaat?

Surely Apple would want this released for their OS /first/, however many people run Windows...meh, more fool them.

---

Maybe Apple would, but as it's not them developing this they have no say.

More fool you :P

7. Kebabster
    Paris Hilton

Yay

A comment thread with more posts than combined IQ points!

8. Gulfie
    Paris Hilton

Just waiting for an SSH client

I've no reason to want to unlock my iphone as it does almost everything I need, but I can't deny that an SSH client would be very handy.

Paris, because she doesn't know how to unlock the phone either.

9. Si Lo
    Joke

@Yay

Well - your negative IQ did decrease the average somewhat ;)

10. Christian Gerzner
    Paris Hilton

Just waiting for an SSH client

Gosh, are you inferring that Paris know anything at all?

11. Jamie Hylton
    Flame

if I could unlock it...

...it would make selling it a bit easier... I was going to sell my old one, but as more time goes on, and everytime I have to do restore cos its crashed whilst installing something from AppStore only to find out that the 3 hours backup process didn't work properly... I'm actually considering selling it and using the reliable 1.1.4 software, with the Installer.app...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like