back to article Alleged Brazilian botnet herder faces US extradition

A Brazilian man who allegedly sold access to a huge network of compromised PCs has been charged with computer hacking offences in the US. Leni de Abreu Neto, 35, of Taubate, Brazil, allegedly maintained and leased access to a 100,000-strong botnet network of compromised PCs that he subsequently attempted to sell, according to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Other Steve
    Paris Hilton

Team America : World Police!

So, if they get bagged by their respective national police forces, pardon me, but what THE FUCK has it got to do with the US ?

Paris, because she knows what it like to be shafted by dumb 'merkins.

2. Andus McCoatover

@ Team America

Beats the Fuc*k out of me, too. WTF has it got to do with that fuc*king warmongering shitehole USA?

From the article's link...(emphasis mine)

"Leni de Abreu Neto, 35, of Taubate, Brazil, is charged with ONE count of conspiracy to cause damage to computers WORLDWIDE"

C'mon, US - you're the Worlds Police now. Dunno why you haven't already given Gary Glitter a broomstick up the shi....

(I'm a poet, and didn't know it.)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

America can now rule the world

I guess if you make a dirty phone call from europe to the usa, it's extradition time.

Can't be long until they try and extradite a journalist for taking the piss out of the prez, by calling such a comment sedition, justified by an article being available on a website that can be seen in America.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The US should just block the ports and rip the international cables out

Keep them from coming out and others from coming in, except via one 33.6K modem, that will show them :)

It could be quite interesting, certainly make global IT harder to do, and so more lucrative for those who can. More jobs in each country to maintain each country's firewall, and more opportunity to create things.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I laugh

you folks are all getting pissy because its America. Are you away German has done the same thing . They go after 419 scammers in other countries . So whats the difference ??

6. Pierre

Team America (and @AC)

I believe there once was a rule saying that criminals should be dealt with in the country where the offence takes place. In this case, it means the Netherlands and Brazil. Why would the Dutch be trialled in the Nederlands, but the Brazillian guy in the US? The "Germans did it first" argument doesn't even remotely hold water. They also at some point genocided Roms, commies, and to a smaller extent jews and gays, Should we all do the same thing?

This guy is clearly in need of a good ass kick, but why in the US? Let's take another example. Some president in a north-american country shamelessly lied about "weapons of mass destruction" and world-destruction threats. This led to a very tricky and dangerous situation, and was the cause of tens of thousands civilian casualties and of a burst in worlwide terrorism, not to mention the anihilation of human rights pretty much everywhere on the planet. He should be extraded, tortured and hung, surely. By the way, his name starts with a "G" and ends with a "eorge W. Bush". Go get him. Or does it only work with non-US citizens?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Re: I laugh

Because those 419ers were operating in Germany. Scamming Germans. Taking cash from Germany. Does it ring the f**king bell??? Not worldwide, with few shit unsecured comps in MerkinLand but WORLDWIDE.

As well UK, France and rest of the counties in the world can ask for him to be extradited. But nobody except MerkinLand is doing so. Why? Because they believe that Brazilian justice system is good enough to do the job. Because rest of the world doesn't have that messed up Merkin mentality about being superior in everything, thus needing to show it.

//Rant over

Anyway, knowing Brazilian politics and their animosity towards MerkinLand, there's a small chance of them succeeding. After all Brazil was one of the countries that introduced visas to Merkins as a retaliation to them requiring visas from Brazilians. Paid visas ;)

8. heystoopid
    Pirate

But then again

But then again , six months in any Brazillian prison is equivalent to approximately thirty years in places like San Quentin or Fort Leavenworth for the conditions within are truly that bad they make the US cable TV show "oz" look like an under populated fantasy show !

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It's GW's fault, isn't it.

You anti-American Brits are a puzzling lot. The U.S. acted in its newfound role of "world police" to save evidently-helpless England from being over-run by the krauts in WWII. Which was mighty gracious of the U.S. considering that the British burned down the Americans' White House a few generations earlier (the War of 1812).

But wait - if the U.S. had "let" England get taken over by the Germans, the U.S. wouldn't have been able to use England as a convenient jumping off point, aircraft-fueling point, etc, for future U.S.-world-domination plans... so the U.S. rescued England NOT because they liked you, but because they wanted to use your LAND. Hahahah! Oh. So maybe that's why the British hate the U.S... Hmm.

Or maybe it's just this, from the Washington Post:

" "I think Britain's attitude toward America," Davies said, "is very much of that of a great aunt, looking with some envy and some disdain on the nephew who has done really rather well." "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/04/AR2007050402295.html

Jealous, in other words. Figures. At least the U.S. is more than just a big museum, living off of past faded glories - *so far* - but if China "takes over the world" someday, that may change. Every dog has his day.

What's sad is that some affluent Americans think *kindly* of England nowadays, or they think of England as the mothership from which their ancestors came (true in some cases), some of them even watch British re-runs on PBS (which usually aren't even very good, like most of the rest of TV - American included). And other Americans, ignorant of how the English feel about Americans, read certain British websites - at least for a *while*, until they get tired of the constant stream of anti-American bile which they'd erroneously assumed was representative of a small minority of British, but perhaps not.

Is anti-Americanism on The Reg good for the Reg's business model, advertisers or whatever, I wonder? Seems that Americans have an awful lot of money of money to spend on things. It would be a shame, a shame I say, ;) if they were driven away by constant anti-American sentiment which, to be frank, gets tiresome after about the zillionth time of hearing it. Oh well, blame it on GW (many Americans already do).

In retrospect, one has to sometimes wonders about the wisdom of the U.S. interfering (in its yet-undiscovered role as world police) in WWII, helping England out of its predicament. Maybe it wouldn't have made much difference if all of England spoke nothing but German now.

10. Mike
    Coat

You just have to ask...

...how many is a brazillion?

The leather one with E=mc^2 written in binary with studs.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@AC

AC do you remember a small incident called Pearl Harbour? It seems that was the reason the US joined in WW2, before that they were too busy making huge profits from arms sales. Nothing to do with helping anyone. The evidence is clear that the US only ever acts in its own self interest.

As for British TV, it is far superior to the all-image-no-subsatnce rubbish the US produces. The only succesfull US comedy's are cartoons.

Whilst I do not live on Britain, if I had to choose it would be a no brainer, Britain all the way.

The US is full of overcompensating SUV driving gun nuts, much like yourself no doubt!

12. Gordon Pryra

@AC

I think you forget the fact that the Germans had begun to bomb your ports and couldnt afford to buy the steel you were selling them.

At that point you entered the war, not to save anyone, but to protect your "investment"

Take you cash, inbreed population, dumb fuckwit president and go read a nice safe, yank friendly CNN website instead.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like